"missing" industries

Discussion of Pop Top's last release of RRT.
Stoker
Engineer

Re: "missing" industries Unread post

Thanks for the encouragement for my King Coal project Orange, it is pretty much done, I just need to tidy things up and get a couple people to give it a test run and I will release it. In the meantime, I have made "swapped model" bty files to use nearly any building for the Warehouse in any map. If you install one of these, you can place a warehouse(or any other building) with it using any building model you want. These will appear as you see them in the editor for the end user of the scenario for any building that you pre-place on a map exactly the same as the swapped models in my 1.06 Bandaid work. The end user doesn't have to install anything. The only real limitation on swapping models is that if you are using a new model for a building that can upgrade, the model you swap it with must be upgradable as well. If you have any specific needs for a certain model to be used for a warehouse(or any other existing industry) let me know and I can probably make it for you. If you are interested in any of these, I can also give you a walk thru as to how to swap out files in an orderly fashion to avoid crashes.While in the editor, after you place the industries with the changed models, you can save the scenario and go back to the main menu, then alt+tab to your desktop and swap again, without having to completely restart RT3 every time. In this shot you can see the look when you use these buildings, it is much better than those ghastly warehouses hogging up all your city space.

I also have made some swapped farms- logging camps etc. that you can actually place in rugged terrrain by using small footprint models like houses. This "Rice" farm I made for my Mile High and Rising map swapping out a house model for it and painting in the "crops" after. The "rice" is meant to be high altitude Hops grown in some high valleys and regular farms will not place anywhere around where they need to be. The hops is going to be a haulage/production bonus factor for my Coors Brewery (0!!0) and needs to be in the fairly skinny Uncompahgre valley (like real life). The Brass Foundry and a couple other industries that are programmed in warehouses for this map with swapped models will be available as regular buildings in King Coal.
Attachments
HopsFarm.jpg
WarehouseDistilleryModel.jpg

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
Edmund Burke
sbaros
Conductor

Re: "missing" industries Unread post

Another lucky match:
The default "Military Headquarters" appear identical to commercial buildings, which is annoyingly confusing. I find the textile mill texture quite matching to the commercial building's geometry and I substituted it in the Military Headquarters BTY. For cosmetic reasons, I buried the lowest floor into the ground, which also eliminated that outraging "levitating structure" effect common on uneven terrain. It is an obvious choice for high-rising edifices, while underground extensions can be added to low ones in order to take care of this "levitation". From now on, whenever I need to deal with any structure, I'll be taking measures against levitation too, in order to phase it out gradually.
Subconsciously, this building brings a tobacco industry to my mind, I am not sure why. Certainly, abandoned tobacco works would not be unlikely places to be requisitioned by the military for their own purposes...
The "Military HQ" by itself is one of the questionable concepts in Trainmaster, whose operational value may not be enough to justify the time spent for placing it during map-making. An alternative solution might be to let this building seed along with the other, ordinary corporate buildings, since its consumption pattern is not particularly different from those.
Attachments
RT3_05_02_21__01_24_50.jpg
If you have no Marxists in the leadership of your trade union, you have no trade union.
Abolish NATO and the (Na)zionist state !