Logo Pack Ready

Discussion of Pop Top's last release of RRT.
MrScott2007

Logo Pack Ready Unread post

Well it's finished! 60 logo of the major railroads in American history.
Here is a list of the final pack.

AlaskaRR.PK4
AmtrakRR.PK4
AtlanticCoastLineRR.PK4
BaltimoreOhioRR.PK4
BurlingtonNorthernRR.PK4
CanadianNational.PK4
CanadianPacificRR.PK4
CentralNewJerseyRR.PK4
ChassieSystemRR.PK4
ChesapeakeOhioRR.PK4
ChicagoNorthwesternRR.PK4
ConrailRR.PK4
CSXRR.PK4
DelawareHudsonRR.PK4
DetroitIrontonRR.PK4
ErieLackawannaRR.PK4
ErieRR.PK4
FriscoRR.PK4
GenneseeWyomingRR.PK4
GrandTrunkRR.PK4
GreatNorthernRR.PK4
GulfMobilOhioRR.PK4
IllinoisCentralRR.PK4
KansasArkansasTexas.PK4
LackawannaRR.PK4
LackawannaWyomingValleyRR.PK4
LehighHudsonRiverRR.PK4
LehighNewEnglandRR.PK4
LehighValleyRR.PK4
LouisvilleNashvilleRR.PK4
MaineCentralRR.PK4
MilwaukeeRoadRR.PK4
MissouriPacificRR.PK4
NewHavenRR.PK4
NewYorkCentralRR.PK4
NewYorkOntarioWesternRR.PK4
NorfolkSouthernRR.PK4
NorfolkWesternRR.PK4
NorthernPacificRR.PK4
PacificGreatEasternRR.PK4
PennCentralRR.PK4
PennsylvaniaRR.PK4
PittsburghLakeErieRR.PK4
ReadingRR.PK4
RichmondFredricksPotomac.PK4
RioGrandeRR.PK4
RockIslandRR.PK4
SantaFeRR.PK4
SeaboardCoastlineRR.PK4
SeaboardRR.PK4
SooLineRR.PK4
SouthernPacificRR.PK4
SouthernRR.PK4
TexasPacificRR.PK4
UnionPacific.PK4
Virgina Truckee.PK4
WesternMarylandRR.PK4
WesternPacificRR.PK4

I'll be sending the pack to Hawk soon for posting.
Next Up- Updating Pennsylvaina map.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Unread post

The new Logo Pack has been added to the Extras page, as well as the new version of Pennsylvania-Base Map.
Hawk
MrScott2007

Unread post

Thanks Hawk! :D
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Unread post

My pleasure! :D
Hawk
wsherrick
Engineer

Unread post

Hi Guys. It's nice to see everyone coming back to the forum. I have just added Mr. Scott's new batch of heralds into my stack of stuff and they are beautifully done. I recomend them to all. Good work Mr. Scott! :)
MrScott2007

Unread post

wsherrick wrote:Hi Guys. It's nice to see everyone coming back to the forum. I have just added Mr. Scott's new batch of heralds into my stack of stuff and they are beautifully done. I recomend them to all. Good work Mr. Scott! :)
Thanks, it's nice to get a little feed back now and then.
canis39
Brakeman

Unread post

I just checked out the new logos, and I have to agree, they are excellent. Great job Mr. Scott! (Even if there aren't any sports logos included :lol: )
EPH
Dispatcher

Unread post

One thing that would be helpful is a way to preview these before installation. Could you possibly give us a 'cover sheet' of all the graphics, or collect the image files and put them up as a separate zip file?

Or is there some way to view a .pk4 file?

I've got so many logos now I don't know which is which! :shock:
The optimist proclaims we live in the best of all possible worlds; and the pessimist fears this is true." - James Branch Cabell
MrScott2007

Unread post

I never kept the original picture files of the logos. I would have to remake them if I wanted to add them to a cover sheet.

All the logos from my pack have "RR" at the end of their file name, so they should be easy to spot.
EPH
Dispatcher

Unread post

Spotting them is easy but would be easier if the name began with logo_ as is the case with others.

But for example I now have I think 6 logos for the C & O / Chessie system. So I have to load them into the folder, fire up RRT3, start a game, scroll through the logos, try to figure out which logo matches which name (should be alphabetical) and then close down RRT3, open the folder and move more logos around.

All this is made worse by the 100-logo limit.

I'm sorry you threw away the artwork; that would have helped. :? Thank you for checking!
The optimist proclaims we live in the best of all possible worlds; and the pessimist fears this is true." - James Branch Cabell
MrScott2007

Unread post

Wow, I didn't even know about the 100 logo limits!

What I did do is take a in game screen shot on the PA map. This shows 13 logos. I cropped the shot of the logos and I can add them to the zip file. At least you'll see what some of the logos look like.
EPH
Dispatcher

Unread post

If I remember correctly there is a built-in disaster when more than 99 (or more than 100, don't remember which) logos are present in the game. This DOES count the originals.
MrScott2007

Unread post

Dang...there goes my sport pack of logos! And my 2nd RR logos pack as well!
davey917
Hobo

Unread post

EPH wrote:If I remember correctly there is a built-in disaster when more than 99 (or more than 100, don't remember which) logos are present in the game. This DOES count the originals.
EPH, I don't think the limit includes the origionals.
There are 35 built-in logos for the game, and I currently have 95 logos in my "UserExtraContent" folder. At one time I had more than 100 User Created and the game wouldn't function.
I have also read a suggestion to place additional logos in the "PopTopExtraContent" folder to get around this limit, but I have not personally tried this. Yet.

And MrScott....Please don't quit. Your hard work is appriciated. Personally, I'd love to have the logos from the Baltimore teams (Orioles & Ravens).
PS what image editor are you using? I've tried a couple times to gererate logos, but the program I have doesn't set them up right for the game's PK4 converters.
EPH
Dispatcher

Unread post

Thanks for the clarification, Davey. That's good to know.