Looking for some advice....

Discussion of Pop Top's last release of RRT.
Ace of Spades
Hobo

Unread post

Right...but only one half of a parenthese at the end of the name & none at the beginning? Why not a dash or a space as a separator? See what I mean?
KevinL
Dispatcher

Unread post

Ok, now I understand. You want to know why did they use a closing parentheses. Its just a separator between the train name and the city name. Yes they could have used a dash or anything else, but they chose a parentheses.
WPandP
Engineer

Unread post

You can always rename a train yourself. Then, you could add in the missing "(" somewhere in the train name if you like! Or, add a semicolon and a dash to the end of the name... ;-)
=Winchester, Paston & Portsmouth=
====== We Provide Pride! ======
Ace of Spades
Hobo

Unread post

I'll need to remember to do that! :)

I just thought there may have been a way to do it through the editor.
Orange46
Dispatcher

Unread post

I like to rename my expresses as (A, or (B, or whatever letter comes next.
ChrisW
Watchman

Unread post

KevinL wrote:Also, ChrisW, your hotel/restaurant suggestions worked great. I was playing the Canada map, and saw Ottawa had 20 loads of passengers available. So I tried a hotel there. I had about 50 customers in a year. :)
Cool. 8)
Ace of Spades wrote:Right...but only one half of a parenthese at the end of the name & none at the beginning? Why not a dash or a space as a separator? See what I mean?
It's because when it displays the unnamed trains, they just have numbers, so they show as 1) or 2) or 39) or whatever. They used the parentheses for the numbered trains, which looks natural, and didn't stop to think that it might look a little strange with named trains.