Game crash

Discussion of Pop Top's last release of RRT.
MrScott2007

Game crash Unread post

Howdy folks! Long time, no type...

For the last few weeks, I've been working on a RRT3 map. After I've gotten the map looking just the way I wanted it, I started adding the AI railroad companies and thier railroad lines.
After testing the game with the new companies, I couldn't seem to get the balance of the game right. I then thought it was best to eliminate the AI companies. I went to the editor and started bulldozing the tracks. When I tried to bulldoze the stations, the game crashed. I tried to bulldoze the stations off the map about 15 times with the same result every time! Needless to say I got pissed and ended up deleting the map I worked so hard on! I could kick myself for that!
What would cause that game crash? I've never seen that happen before.
thegrindre
Engineer

Unread post

Hellooooooooooo MrScott. Happy holiday season to ya. ::!**!
a.k.a. Rick

At my age, 'Happy Hour' is a nap...
Grandma Ruth
CEO

Unread post

Hi MrScott -nice to hear from you again. Merry Christmas!

Nice sig, Rick! :lol:
"I will not take 'but' for an answer" - Langston Hughes
Ace of Spades
Hobo

Unread post

What's up, MrScott? I've been playing your Pennsylvania map quite a bit lately. Great stuff!
KevinL
Dispatcher

Unread post

Since everyone else wants to say hi instead of helping, :lol: :lol: I'll try to help.

What version of RRT3 are you using? What other programs do you have open while you're editing? Does it crash in any other map or only while you're in that one?
Computer: 3.2GHz i3, 6.0GB Ram, 1.5TB HD, Win7, RRT3:1.06, SMRR:1.10
Currently playing: RRT3 - Campaign Scenerios
Currently creating: RRT3 - Southwest scenerio
MrScott2007

Re: Game crash Unread post

Happy holidays to everyone! -The holidays would be much happier for me if I was sitting down to a new train game or sim! :-)

I'm using RRT3 patched to 1.5...I haven't got to play with 1.6 yet. Nothing is running in the background on my system. One thing that might be a factor in these crashes is that when I placed the stations they where very close (sometimes touching) to the city markers. Has anybody ever had this happen? I've never had this happen before on any map.

On another note, The map I'm working on is based on anthracite coal. I made a detailed map of the anthraicite region (and surrounding areas) of eastern Pennsylvania. The map stretches from Scranton to Williamsport to Harrisburg, over to Allentown. It's a big map...I wanted detail of the mountains terrain. The basic goal is to manage to build your rails into the anthricite region and ship out as much anthricite as you can, beating your competitors...Just like it was in real railroad history. As always, I'll throw in some historical fact and events to make the challenge more realistic.
Ace of Spades
Hobo

MrScott2007 wrote: On another note, The map I'm working on is based on anthracite coal. I made a detailed map of the anthraicite region (and surrounding areas) of eastern Pennsylvania. The map stretches from Scranton to Williamsport to Harrisburg, over to Allentown. It's a big map...I wanted detail of the mountains terrain. The basic goal is to manage to build your rails into the anthricite region and ship out as much anthricite as you can, beating your competitors...Just like it was in real railroad history. As always, I'll throw in some historical fact and events to make the challenge more realistic.
Looking forward to that one! !*th_up*!
Gwizz
CEO

Hello Mr Scott.

Maps can have touchy spots. Normally where a produce farm once was.
Placing a station over that spot seems to lock it to the old farm.
Too bad you dumped the map. I would have left the station and put a sign saying something like: haunted station do not remove, Sacred ground, etc.
MrScott2007

I have started a new map. I'm working with the rivers at this point. This time, I'll be very careful when placing any AI companies. My question now is...should I build the map with the 1.6 patch? Or stick with 1.5?
Gwizz
CEO

The 1.06 patch allows drop shipping among other things, which was a big deal for me.