New maps for rrt3 v 1.06

Discussion of Pop Top's last release of RRT.

Does anyone play my maps at all???

Poll ended at Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:35 am

YES!

5(100%)
NO!

No votes

Total votes: 5

Hawk
The Big Dawg

Re: New maps for rrt3 v 1.06 Unread post

One of the issues I have with game developers is that when they decide to take a graphical route in a new version, the game play generally suffers. Such was the case with Rollercoaster Tycoon 3, the Carnivore series (1, 2 & Ice Age were good games. Cityscape wasn't so good), Zoo Tycoon 2, the 18 Wheels of Steel series, and a few others. There are some that think the same of RRT3, preferring RRT2 instead, and to some extent, the game play did suffer a little - in some aspects, but not that much, IMHO. I still prefer RT3 myself. :mrgreen:
I guess SMRR could be used as another example of this trend to some degree.

A graphical facelift may not be too bad if they don't go overboard with it and concentrate more on game play.
Hawk
howdi
Hobo

Re: New maps for rrt3 v 1.06 Unread post

You are correct Hawk, it has to be done right, not just a bunch of fancy graphics with no substance to the game. I have also seen this happen too many times in the past with games where the sequel(s) turned out to be worse than the original. And, the ai definitely needs improved too. And then, after RRT5 is out, millions of new rail roaders are flocking to your site and the SS office is going bonkers over your new found wealth! :mrgreen: