Close announcement>
If you need to contact an administrator about account activation (or resurrection)
the email address is: admin @ hawkdawg . com (remove the four blank spaces).

Win 7 help

Discussion of Pop Top's last release of RRT.
Catadjuster

Win 7 help

Unread post by Catadjuster »

Hey Everyone,

First I'm glad to have found this forum, I purchased RT3 several years ago, and in 2007 I bought a Vista system and found the game wouldn't work, so I shelved it. I now have a Windows 7 system and thought I'd try the game again. I loaded it from the CD and it works fine, the only thing I've noticed is that when it cuts from the intro movie to the main menu and from the main menu to the game, it switches briefly to the desktop before starting the game. Otherwise gameplay is great. My problem is with the C2C expansion and any patches. I first loaded C2C, and the main menu would come up very briefly then I get an error message stating the game has stopped working. I tried the Vista fix that I downloaded from H&B website, then tried patch 1.05 and 1.06, and still have the same problems. For now I'm happy just being able to play the main game, but would eventually like to have the extras in C2C and also try out the latest patches.

Also I'm not sure that 1.05 ever installed correctly. I think 1.06 did just fine.

thanks for any and all help.

Oh, I did a search and thought that I was following the right steps, but I may have missed something. I did also see where someone said to upgrade to 1.03, but did not see that patch anywhere.

best regards,

Wes