(AI)n't Meant To Be

Discussion of Pop Top's last release of RRT.
99CarsUNTRAINED
Hobo

(AI)n't Meant To Be

Unread post by 99CarsUNTRAINED »

To hopefully amuse, I'll start by saying that I have decided to change trains but my destination remains the same. For those who might not know I am modifying the "Alternate USA" scenario to included AI players. That brings me to my point, I feel that the AI was not designed to deal with restricted territories.

In order to make AI players function within the scenario, I had to use the "AI Ignores Territories At Startup" special condition and create an event to grant AI players access to all territories. I stayed with these changes even after discovering that if the Human Player merges with an AI Company they inherit the unrestricted territory access.

It wasn't till I was working on curbing the AI penchant for buying up Industry that I reconsidered my goal. If I wanted AI Players why was I tweaking things to adjust their behavior. I am currently testing the scenario with the territory restrictions removed. I am still pondering how to make the territories more significant, more than making connecting between them a condition for victory.

I read in forum about increasing the cost for the AI to buy industry as a way to prevent it from dominating the situation. I was testing various percentages and I found that a mere 20% increase severely inhibits the AI from buying up industries. I am currently testing to find a good balance for the economy with ports and warehouses involved, I am using them mostly as ports to simulate foreign trade.

Well that is all for now, have a good day all. !*th_up*!