Finally! Profitable Taverns!

Discussion of Pop Top's last release of RRT.
low_grade
Dispatcher

Finally! Profitable Taverns! Unread post

I long ago concluded that taverns are useless in RT III. Yet again, I was wrong, I just had something more to learn about the game!

So as far as I can figure, playing the Japanese Miracle I found that taverns can be profitable in four star cities. Probably helps for them to be well connected. Nothing spectacular, but 5-6K/year on a what, 40K investment? Still meets my investment standard. I think when I had originally tried out taverns, it was on maps with no cities larger than two-two and a half stars.

So, there you go.
EPH
Dispatcher

Re: Finally! Profitable Taverns! Unread post

I use a hotel-tavern-restaurant grouping in large cities for any scenario that has high passenger volume. 'Japanese Miracle' is a modern-day scenario, meaning passenger traffic isn't as high as it would be in an earlier age, but I have found that high volume of freight traffic = large cities = profitable passenger traffic. Plus, 'JM' has a fairly high growth rate for cities.

Use the Shinkansens for express cargo when you get them. They're fast enough to move lots of people. :-)

I'm glad people are still enjoying 'Japanese Miracle'. If you like that one, try 'British Miracle' and 'Farewell to Steam'; they have similar ideas.
The optimist proclaims we live in the best of all possible worlds; and the pessimist fears this is true." - James Branch Cabell