change in routeing

Discussion of Pop Top's last release of RRT.
RayofSunshine
CEO

change in routeing Unread post

I keep forgetting to put this into a thread, which many of you may have already experiences, but for those who have not, here is a hint. :!:

Suppose e.g. that you already have a train operating between A and B, but want to extend the routing to "C". DON"T DO IT while the train is still in transit. If the routing is change, in a number of scenarios, but not all, that you may completely lose your revenue of the haul. !hairpull! ^**lylgh

HINT: Wait until that train gets to any established destination and is "UNLOADING", then you can make any changes you want. There could also be a change or loss of revenue if you make the change during the "LOADING" as well. *!*!*!

This could save you some revenue, but don't ask me why it happens in some scenarios, and not in all of them. But, if in doubt if a particular scenario could have that problem, you could make a test of at least 1 train, to see the results. :salute:
Gwizz
CEO

Re: change in routeing Unread post

Yea but can't you also make quick money by rerouting at the station of departure after the train loads and before it starts?
It is kind of like, beam me to the next station scotty or does that happen in RT2. Gweeee, I forgot.
gruk
Cat

Hi

Im quite sure that it's the express cargo that will lose it's value. The rest will still give you revenue at any station where it has more value than what you bought it for.

Me having a working memory of a monkey, i usually do those type of routing changes buy just adding the whole rout to the routing list, and then come back and remove the original routing from the list a couple of stops later.
Sugus
Engineer

Rerouting may be of interest, when you have to deliver loads of xyz to station A, which is not actaully demanding for it. Start a train to a demanding station B and immediately reroute the train to A after he has left the starting point. (I began to use this trick when playing the scenario Northern Ontario, where you have to haul a lot of things to the far away Churchill.)
There's no business like RT business ...
gruk
Cat

Oh, hadn't thought of that, nice. So this could also be used if you want to push in more resourses to an industry, even if the pricing has dropped to much at the nearby station?
nedfumpkin
CEO

In scenarios where you have to haul troops to certain locations, you load your troops to wherever they will go and then redirect them to the location they are needed. You can also do this as a cheat where you haul goods from a station then return them to get credit for them being hauled.