Where do I report bugs in 106 beta 4?

Discussion of Pop Top's last release of RRT.
Chris
Hobo

Where do I report bugs in 106 beta 4? Unread post

Sorry if this has been covered before, but where should I report bugs in 106 beta 4?

Regards, Chris
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Unread post

Right here will be fine. :wink:
Hawk
Chris
Hobo

Unread post

OK :) I define a "bug" as strange behavior that doesn't occur in 1.05.

In "Farewell to steam" in the game status tab, the entire page is covered in "You have been playing for [x] and have until the start of 1961". Where [x] is fill in the number of years. If you turn the page, it is blank; the rest of the info doesn't show up.

Since this doesn't happen in 1.05, I must assume the scenario itself is OK. I have a screenshot if anyone is interested.

Regards, Chris
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Unread post

If I'm not mistaken that's a known bug and should be fixed in the next release, whenever that will be. :lol:

milo is a bit busy right now. :wink:
Hawk
Chris
Hobo

Unread post

Ah, thank you. I couldn't imagine I was the first person to notice that :)

By the way, can someone explain to me exactly when the "customs house" comes in to play? At the first station in a different territory?

Regards, Chris
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Unread post

I believe Custom Houses played a bigger role in RT2 than in RT3.
In RT2 you would build a Custom House at ports and in new territories.
I think in RT3 they're only important at ports, if even then.
Hawk
bombardiere
Dispatcher

Unread post

Not much as far as I know. I suppose that it was intended to be same as in RRT2, but was cut out in last minute.
Chris
Hobo

Unread post

OK, I think I may have found some more. I just finished play "Age of Steam II".

1. From time to time when I am in the "ledger", "company overview" I am presented with a pop up window with a description of one of the characters in the game. Sometimes I can get out of it by clicking away, but sometimes my mouse disappears and I am stuck.

2. I am finding trains running odd routes. In Age of Steam II I am Illinois Central. I find a Canadian National train with a route running to Toledo. Now to do that, it has to go from Maple Falls to Lansing, South Bend, reverse at Chicago, Indianapolis, Lima, Toledo. I own everything between Lansing and Lima. Very profitable for me, but while I know the AI will sometimes run routes over other folks' lines this seems a bit unusual. (And it was doing it with Camelbacks, no less).

3. With a PNW of $290M and a CBV of $127M, I lost. According to the briefing, I need a CBV of $125M for silver (and $75M for bronze), so I ought to have silver. Right? I have never seen that problem with this scenario before.

By the way, the status tab worked fine in this scenario.

Regards, Chris
wsherrick
Engineer

Unread post

I am working hard on a new map for release soon. It is a big map and I am doing it in 1.06 so people can play it and test out the new patch. I have got the basic win events in there and I had an odd thing happen. I got a gold medal from another game as I was test playing the map. The wording in the medal message had a few key words that matched the words in the correct gold medal event for this new map, but I didn't quite get the gold because one condition hadn't been met yet, so possibly the win conditons matched the other game as well. Another odd thing is that when I built double track, trains got moved from one region to another as I was building the track. The trains were heading to their correct destinations, but were mysteriously moved to a new spot on the system.
milo
Engineer

Unread post

Chris wrote:1. From time to time when I am in the "ledger", "company overview" I am presented with a pop up window with a description of one of the characters in the game. Sometimes I can get out of it by clicking away, but sometimes my mouse disappears and I am stuck.
I added a feature to permit changing the text associated with a player's character; it pops up if you click the portrait in the ledger. Current beta turns off the mouse when the dialog pops up, but doesn't disable it. Move the mouse over the text field (even though it seems to disappear) and hit Enter to get the dialog to go away. The next beta will not disable the mouse.
Chris wrote:2. I am finding trains running odd routes. In Age of Steam II I am Illinois Central. I find a Canadian National train with a route running to Toledo. Now to do that, it has to go from Maple Falls to Lansing, South Bend, reverse at Chicago, Indianapolis, Lima, Toledo. I own everything between Lansing and Lima. Very profitable for me, but while I know the AI will sometimes run routes over other folks' lines this seems a bit unusual. (And it was doing it with Camelbacks, no less).
Think this is original behavior, though bizarre. I suspect the AI doesn't take the human's percentage into account when running on other players' rails. Might possibly be a side-effect of one of my attempts to improve the AI, but I can't think how.
Chris wrote:3. With a PNW of $290M and a CBV of $127M, I lost. According to the briefing, I need a CBV of $125M for silver (and $75M for bronze), so I ought to have silver. Right? I have never seen that problem with this scenario before.
Is it possible that your CBV didn't cross the $125M mark until the first days of January? Could be a bug in the rewritten event system, but it's unlikely.
wsherrick wrote:I am working hard on a new map for release soon. It is a big map and I am doing it in 1.06 so people can play it and test out the new patch. I have got the basic win events in there and I had an odd thing happen. I got a gold medal from another game as I was test playing the map. The wording in the medal message had a few key words that matched the words in the correct gold medal event for this new map, but I didn't quite get the gold because one condition hadn't been met yet, so possibly the win conditons matched the other game as well.
!?

No idea. Was the new map derived from the old map? Otherwise, sounds as if I might have an uninitialized field bug. Let me know if you see messages that have weird characters or garbage in them.
wsherrick wrote:Another odd thing is that when I built double track, trains got moved from one region to another as I was building the track. The trains were heading to their correct destinations, but were mysteriously moved to a new spot on the system.
If you can capture one of these as a saved game, it'd be a huge help. Sounds possibly like one of the rail-destruction crash fixes misbehaving.
wsherrick
Engineer

Unread post

Hi Milo,
This is a new map from scratch. It is half painted and half written, but the overall goals are in there. I'll do my best to catch one of the teleporting trains. If you want I will send you the map if you want to look at it.
wsherrick
Engineer

Unread post

Another odd item for the list. There is an event in which the player can borrow money and repay it over a period of years. I did this also in Big Valley and had the repayment notice come up at the end of the year in a Game Message so there would not be an annoying dialog pop up every year until the loan was paid off. Okay, in this new 1.06 map the editor will not allow me to save anything as a game message, when I click on the game message button and get out of the event, the editor puts the message back as a dialog. I tried it several times, so I have to be happy with a dialog or not have the message come up at all. :lol: