Foreign station congestion trick

Discussion of Pop Top's last release of RRT.
Chris
Hobo

Foreign station congestion trick Unread post

Here's a little trick I learned by accident. Perhaps you guys know about it already, but here goes.

How often hasn't it happened to you that you need to get into a train station owned by a different company, but it is single track and the other company is running a gazillion trains through there. As the foreign railroad, you get lowest priority so it can take a long time to get in and out. Sometimes you would even be willing to pay to double the other companies tracks at that station! But of course, the game won't let you double someone else's tracks. Right?

Actually, it will: If you lay down double electrified track, it will let you double the other guy's tracks. Usually we're talking about just a short stretch (afterall, we don't want to travel across foreign tracks anymore than strictly necessary, right?), so the expense isn't that bad, and sometimes well worth the effort in terms of time saved. So even if you don't intend to use the tracks as electric.... :)

Regards, Chris
JayEff
Conductor

Unread post

If unconnected track is allowed you can double anybody's track and it doesn't have to be electric. I routinely take over companies to run them as slaves, and do all my doubling for me. 51% shares in the slave, 75-100% shares in my main company.
besterik
Hobo

Unread post

I have never had any problems with doubling tha AIs track. If the scenario demands that you lays continuous track, then you can start at the track piece just before you connects to the AI, and trag the double track from there and until you pass the AIs station.
belbincolne
Engineer

Unread post

Actually thats real useful to know cos if I'm using electric you can hardly ever use a train into an AI station cos they hardly ever are. This way you can and (if you go in end on) you shouldn't get any delays. Shall try this next time I play an appropriate scenario. Mostly I connect to AIs so that they'll use my rails and pay me a fortune for the privelige (very usefull on Farewell to Steam for example)
Gwizz
CEO

Unread post

When you connect to an AI station, if possible use the right hand running rule. Don't turn around in the AI station. leave going on through the station and circle back and re-connect to your incoming track. Route you train using a routing dot. (This is similar to a balloon track with the station in the center)