Only unassigned players

Discussion of Pop Top's last release of RRT.
PaulJohann
Hobo

Only unassigned players Unread post

Hi,
In some scenarios, all players although shown by name at the start page, later appear as "unassigned", including myself! In other scenarios this does not happen. I couldn't find out any difference between the ones it happens and the others where it works correctly. Have to say that I'm not a crack in editing.
I reinstalled RT3 from the scratch (+ CtC, 1.05 and 1.06), but did not help.
Has anyone an explanation?
Thanks
Paul
Blackhawk
CEO

Re: Only unassigned players Unread post

I'm not entirely sure what exactly you are talking about, but some scenarios have specific personalities selected to be played, while other scenarios are "unassigned" meaning any personality will randomly be picked to take that place. The different people have slightly different advantages/disadvantages.
OilCan
Engineer

I've seen this before, but only once. It was an Italian game and I can't recall what caused it. I'll try to see if I can duplicate it (or remember which game I found it in).
OilCan
Engineer

The game is 'Magna Grecias'. When the game starts all the players are unassigned - just silhouettes, no portraits - in the stock market view. I noticed two things in the editor which might have caused it: 1) there were 13 possible players added but only 9 names selected in the players pool, and 2) the second player was 'either computer or human'. I first changed the number of names in the player pool to 13, then changed the second player to computer, then did both but could never get the game to start with each player showing a portrait and name in the stock market view.

Very odd. :-? I have no explanation right now.
gismoskip
Brakeman

OilCan wrote:The game is 'Magna Grecias'. When the game starts all the players are unassigned - just silhouettes, no portraits - in the stock market view. I noticed two things in the editor which might have caused it: 1) there were 13 possible players added but only 9 names selected in the players pool, and 2) the second player was 'either computer or human'. I first changed the number of names in the player pool to 13, then changed the second player to computer, then did both but could never get the game to start with each player showing a portrait and name in the stock market view.

Very odd. :-? I have no explanation right now.
i agree - i might have a look at it if i have spare time.
gismoskip, current RT3 player working on the maps of tomorrow for RT3. better belive it.