Playing Speed of RRT3

Discussion of Pop Top's last release of RRT.

Which speed do you play RRT3 on?

Poll ended at Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:51 pm

Paused

1(5%)
Very Slow

No votes
Slow

5(23%)
Normal

11(50%)
Fast

2(9%)
Very Fast

3(14%)

Total votes: 22

KevinL
Dispatcher

Playing Speed of RRT3 Unread post

Which speed do you play on?
Computer: 3.2GHz i3, 6.0GB Ram, 1.5TB HD, Win7, RRT3:1.06, SMRR:1.10
Currently playing: RRT3 - Campaign Scenerios
Currently creating: RRT3 - Southwest scenerio
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Re: Playing Speed of RRT3 Unread post

Normal seems to suit me just fine. ;-)
Hawk
WPandP
Engineer

I usually play at Fast speed, then pause when I want to do things like lay a new length of track or review the stock market. I only use the slower settings when I am taking screenshots to post here or on my web page - they let me get the train into just the right spot!
=Winchester, Paston & Portsmouth=
====== We Provide Pride! ======
proudcanadian
Conductor

I usually play on normal, but if I'm in the middle of a long scenario, where I have all my trains and everything set up, and it has a lack of events, then I play on very fast.
I don't drive a dogsled to work, I don't live in an igloo, and we're the SECOND LARGEST COUNTRY ON EARTH!!!
Canadian Viking
Brakeman

I play on fast in scenarios back in the 1830s and '40s when the locomotives were quite slow. Otherwise I'm usually on normal.
BikerTim
Brakeman

!#2bits#! Mostly normal. Will stop or play slow if I need to look some things over or make decisions. Stopping is also good when laying track. About the only time I use fast or very fast is if I don't have any track, just industries.
Life is not fair, but it is still good.
nedfumpkin
CEO

I generally play on slow and when I am laying track or doing anything else I pause.
arop
Dispatcher

I play "very fast" most of the time, unless I jump on one of the trains and enjoy the landscape.
JayEff
Conductor

It varies, but usually Normal or Paused.
Gandar
Brakeman

I play on pause or very fast. I don't have the reflexes to lay track whilst the play is continuing, so I pause and ponder and after due deliberation, I lay track, and then cuss myself for using up my money on track and buildings and not leaving enough for a train.
I have done that so many times, I should have learned by now.
I got up and the world was still here, isn't that wonderful ?
OilCan
Engineer

This is a great question! I have often wondered if others play at the slow speed I do and now I know I'm one of the few who does.

I usually play at very slow to slow speed, seldom on normal and very, very rarely on fast speed. Maybe I manage my trains too tightly, but I like to see what they are carrying, watch them from a distance and then follow one on camera as it rolls across the terrain (and, of course, marvel at my brilliant engineering feat of track laying). I also like to keep "scouting out" the map for what the AI is doing, for price gradients, for next track expansion and for promising industries without having to go into pause, so I let the trains roll slowly along as I plan my next steps.

When I build track, I put the game speed on slow because very slow makes the money trickle in too slowly for track building (pause for bridge building). The only time I use a fast speed is when I sink all my money into an industry at the start of a game and I have to wait several months for the profits to build up to start laying track. Maybe this is why it takes me 2- 3 evenings to play a single scenario and some of you play 2-3 scenarios in a single evening?!
AZ Rail Rat
Dispatcher

Don't remember this poll (which is closed now), because I would have had the 1 Very Slow vote. This is mostly because I do a lot of train riding. It's relaxing and lets me think without the world (and the game) flying by. Only time I pause is at start of game while looking around and making my first stock buys. After that, I consider pausing a sin.

When LIFE lets us pause and regroup, I might change my game play. :roll:
Ferroequines UNITE!!!

http://azrailrat.com/