A big thank you to the Scenario creators

Discussion of Pop Top's last release of RRT.
ostlandr
Brakeman

A big thank you to the Scenario creators Unread post

I have been working on my little scenario, "Adirondack Railroad" and I just want to say how much I now appreciate all the hard work being done by the folks who create scenarios. Regions and territories and industries and on and on. . . this is, like, hard! I may be old and gray(er) by the time I get this one done.
I may go back and work on my Shawmut scenario, since that at least uses an existing map. Starting from scratch is hard.
Anyway, thanks a whole bunch, gang! :salute:
Watch this space for Equus Ferrius Corporation's website! Soon to build biomass fueled steam locomotives, and lease a short line. We're going for it!
WPandP
Engineer

Re: A big thank you to the Scenario creators Unread post

I've still got loose ends to tie up on my Paston Valley scenario... and I've never gotten around to it. You're right, it takes a lot of work! I think every RRT3 player has one good scenario in them, which is theirs to craft. I kind of feel like, after doing one, I'm done! Met my quota.

Of course, a feature planned for Rail Mogul is to have events be exportable, so it should be easier to craft scenarios based on cobbling together the work of others, rather than doing it all from scratch.
=Winchester, Paston & Portsmouth=
====== We Provide Pride! ======
Canadian Viking
Brakeman

Ostlandr, your words of appreciation are very appropriate, and appreciated by this scenario creator. Making a new map is very time consuming, and there is a huge learning curve working in the editor for the first time. But I'm like WP&P, I've got a couple good (in my opinion) ideas for scenarios, no one else has done them, and I just have to turn the ideas into reality. Working with events does get easier after the first time through. But even a "simple" scenario takes a lot of work to create, and a lot of good ones have been created that we can all enjoy. I salute :salute: those pioneers who created the early scenarios, and then were generous with helpful advice for those of us who followed after. I applaud you all. !**yaaa
djrail
Hobo

Wow, what a nice post!
I echo your comments in the OP. I took a stab at one sceanario, which Hawk still has up, and found it to be very intense, but a great deal of fun learning what I could about writing the events, etc. and especially the time-consuming work of trying to balance the creation so that others would get something out of it (repeatedly).
My respect also goes to those that have even more knowledge and knack to consistently produce good scenarios and maps. You may have just inspired me to sit down and try my hand at another?!? :-)
"Seize every opportunity!"