My Next Project-Borduria After the War

Discussion of Pop Top's last release of RRT.
proudcanadian
Conductor

My Next Project-Borduria After the War Unread post

Hello everyone!
First of all, I'd just like to say thanks to everyone who helped test the first versions of Baffania. (0!!0) Without your help, that scenario would have never gotten to the point where it is today.
Now to the main point of this thread. I've begun work on a new scenario entitled 'Borduria after the war'. As you might have guessed, it is based off of Arop's Borduria map. I've altered it a little, and I'm currently working on a storyline and goals.
The first order of business with this thread is that I'd just like to get Arop's permission to use the map. While I have come up with this new storyline, the map is still his, and I'd like to make sure it's okay.
Secondly, I'm creating this so that if I have any editor questions while I'm working on this, I'll have a place to post them.
Thanks again, and look out for Borduria after the War. :-D
I don't drive a dogsled to work, I don't live in an igloo, and we're the SECOND LARGEST COUNTRY ON EARTH!!!
nedfumpkin
CEO

Re: My Next Project-Borduria After the War Unread post

1.05 please? I can't play any of the scenarios with 1.06 because it crashes me machine.
proudcanadian
Conductor

Unfortunately, Ned, I've got 1.06 running on my machine right now, and I created the map in 1.06, so I don't know if I can edit the map to run in 1.05. Although, I don't think I'll be using any of the new 1.06 features or anything... **!!!**
I don't drive a dogsled to work, I don't live in an igloo, and we're the SECOND LARGEST COUNTRY ON EARTH!!!
Grandma Ruth
CEO

I think the way it works is, you can run a 1.05 or earlier game with 1.06, but not the other way round. So I don't think PC's 1.06 game will run on Ned's 1.05 version.

However, thanks to Gwizz, I've discovered you can run both versions on the same machine. I made a copy of my 1.06 version and the shortcut to it, then uninstalled the 1.06 patch from the copy only - it's quite easy really though it took me a while to figure it out. I don't know if this helps any :roll:
"I will not take 'but' for an answer" - Langston Hughes
arop
Dispatcher

:-D Everyone are wellcome to use my maps for new versions.
proudcanadian
Conductor

Thanks, Ruth, but I still don't think that a map that was created in 1.06 will be able to be transfered over to 1.05. :-(

And thanks to you Arop, for creating this map in the first place, and now giving me permission to use it. :-D
proudcanadian
Conductor

Well, I've finally finished the scenario, and I've sent the first version to Hawk for posting. ::!**! Thanks again, everyone, and enjoy! :-D
Hawk
The Big Dawg

...and it's available. !*th_up*!
Hawk