Installing second RT3 version

Discussion of Pop Top's last release of RRT.
JayGould
Hobo

Installing second RT3 version Unread post

I'm trying to install RT3 on my computer with a previous RT3 installation. There does not appear to be an option for installing from the CD when the program is already present. My current setup is 1.06 version. I wanted to have a second install as 1.05 version.
nedfumpkin
CEO

Re: Installing second RT3 version Unread post

You need only rename the folder when installing. This will allow you to install as many versions as you want. I currently have four versions on my system in different folders.
JayGould
Hobo

The setup program will not install a second copy of the program from disk 1. The only option is yes or no to remove the existing version of RT3. I understand that each version goes into a separate folder, but the INSTALL can only be run once.
bombardiere
Dispatcher

nedfumpkin wrote:You need only rename the folder when installing. This will allow you to install as many versions as you want. I currently have four versions on my system in different folders.
Hey good to know. I have made some many personal modifications that playing other people's scenarios is getting hard.
JayGould
Hobo

Yes, that's one of my reasons for wanting a separate installation of the 1.05 version. It looks like I'll need to manually copy my version 1.06 install to another folder to create the second copy. The contents of the new folder and sub-folders will then need to be changed to only have version 1.05 files.
Wolverine@MSU
CEO

I made an clean install up to CtoC, then set up a new folder (RT3106) and copied the entire contents of the CtoC folder there and installed the 1.06 patch to that folder. Set up anothe folder (Trainmaster), copied the Cto C files there, deleted all the maps and associated campaign videos/sound/voice files and installed Trainmaster there. I have 3 shortcuts on the desktop (made by creating the shortcut in the folder with the RT3.EXE file and copying it to the desktop). Seems to work OK.
nedfumpkin
CEO

It will work fine. Keep a clean and pure 1.05 (CTC) install and then just keep copying that to get new versions installed and you can have as many as you want. This is also a good idea if you do any modding because you can always go back to see what the default is. After all the modifications from all the different stuff that's available, I find this extremely helpful.