Patch won't run -- Disc emulation

Discussion of Pop Top's last release of RRT.
rcjalydar

Patch won't run -- Disc emulation Unread post

I installed Railroad Tycoon 3 again recently. The game installed and ran OK. I then began to apply patches to the game. It patched and ran OK up to 1.03. When I tried to apply later patches (1.04, 1.05 and 1.06), I got the message “disc emulator software detected” each time, and the game wouldn’t run. The disc symbol spins on the screen, and then I get the message. Also the disc drive is frozen and I can’t open it without rebooting. As far as I am aware, I don’t have any disc emulator software. The error message advised contacting secuROM, and I have exchanged several messages but they haven't solved the problem yet. Any solutions you are aware of?
Sugus
Engineer

Re: Patch won't run -- Disc emulation Unread post

Hi rcjalydar (*!!wel

Forget Patch 1.03!

Start with a clean RT3 install --> e.g. to C:\Games\RT3
Then adapt CtC (i.e. Patch 1.04)
Thereafter install Patch 1.05 (and save this in a separate directory - e.g. G:\Games\TM - if you also would try trainmaster)
Finally install patch 1.06 and the so-called Vista-fix (a special version of the file 'engine.cfg', which has to be copied to G:\Games\RT3\Data\Configuration)

Good luck!
There's no business like RT business ...
nedfumpkin
CEO

And then maybe get a PM from Hawk.

I do suggest that when you install RT3 that your default installation be patched only to 1.04 CTC and 1.05. Install the Vista fix.

Then make a copy of that entire folder and patch that to 1.06, Then, if you like, copy the original 1.05 installtion to a folder called Trainmaster, and install that mod. You won't have the disc emulator problem with TM.

One thing to note, when installing RT3 and running it on Vista, running as administrator, and this includes installing patches is necessary. Just so you know.
rcjalydar

Thanks for the suggestion, but I still have the problem.

I did a clean install, patched 1.04 and 1.05 and get the same error message: disc emulator software detected. Same thing with 1.06.

I know I am old school but I'm running XP not Vista so I don't see why I would need a Vista patch. If I do need a Vista patch file I'm not sure where to get it. I tried the change to the graphics settings suggested in another thread, and although I was able to start the game with the ConfigUtil procedure and change the graphics setting, I get the same error when I go back to run the 1.06 exe.

What's this about a PM solution?

rcjalydar
Hawk
The Big Dawg

That error typically means you have some software on your computer that the copy protection on the cd doesn't like.

You have a PM.
Hawk