Installing patches

Discussion of Pop Top's last release of RRT.
jonlar

Installing patches Unread post

I have the original CD"s that I purchased when the game first came out. I just installed them on Win 7. The game works fine No trouble installing. The problem I am having is trying to install the patches and Coast to Coast. Most of the instructions on here are for Steam copies. How do you install the patches with the original CD's I tried downloading the patches, but the game still runs on version 1
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Re: Installing patches Unread post

Actually, almost all discussion here about RT3 is NOT about the Steam version, which has it's own proprietary exe, but about installing from the cd's.

I think the major thing to keep in mind when installing RT3 on WIN 7 is to NOT install it in the default directory, I.E. Program Files.
Win 7 does not allow files in the Program Files directory to written to.
It's best to install RT3 outside of the Program Files directory.

Check this link and see if it helps.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2302

There's only one or two people here that have the Steam version.
Hawk
Moggie
Conductor

I'm one of those and I use a different version for Trainmaster and 1.06 which leads me to a situation where I have three different RT3 installations. But as long as it works :-D
Moggie
Dogs have masters, cats have staff.
Trainmaster's own Skimbleshanks :)
yianni79
Cat

CD problem here to.

An IT magazine I use to read was giving away a dvd with the full version of the game. I have installed the game in my computer, applied the CtC patch, applied the 1.05 patch and then the 1.06 patch. When I tried to run the game a message popped up saying "wrong disk inserted". I tried to run the game from the autorun menu, but then it said "that option requires disk 2. Please insert Disk 2 and then try again".

I think the problem is that the magazine crew merged the two game's cds in a dvd disk (the game must have been officialy released in two cd-rom disks). Is there any solution to this kind of problem?

Thanks in advance!
Hawk
The Big Dawg

First of all, you really should consider multiple installs, as described in this thread. viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2363

Maps made for 1.06 will not play on 1.05 and maps made for 1.05 won't play as intended on 1.06.

Then there's Trainmaster..... :mrgreen:

As for the other matter - you have a PM. ;-)
Hawk
cedrus

Hello, I am playing RRT3 since about 2 years, but discovered your great !!clap!! Homepage just some weeks ago. I always played a downloaded torrent version 1.0.
I play on a acer laptop with Windows XP Professional. When i read about the patches, I wanted to install them, which worked fine. I made different folders on an external disk and on my harddisk. But always it says: "Wrong disc inserted" :-( when I want to exe the RT3.exe. So I bought the game new on Amazon (in German) and tried to patch this game up. but the same thing happens. It would be great if somebody could help me.

Greetings from Switzerland

Cedrus
Hawk
The Big Dawg

What Operating System do you run?
Hawk
Wolverine@MSU
CEO

Are you sure you have the right disk inserted? I don't know about your version, but in the original package, there are two disks: an "Installation" disk and a "Play" disk. You need the "Play" disk in the drive to allow the game to run. Alternatively, there is a NoCD hack of the RT3.EXE (V 1.05) that's out there..
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Wolverine@MSU wrote:Alternatively, there is a NoCD hack of the RT3.EXE (V 1.05) that's out there..
There's actually two now, depending on the operating system. ;-)
Hawk
cedrus

My torrent game is a two CD Game, for which i need to insert Disc 2 to play. it's a Version 1.0. The RT3.exe is 2096kB big.

The bought german game is also on two CD's. Version 1.0. The RT3.exe is 2120kB big. But it seems it doesn't matter which disc I insert for playing. I works with both if unpatched. When I try the patched game. It says Wrong disc inserted.

I'm still able to play the unpatched versions.

Operating system: Windows XP Professional
cedrus

The bought german version is 1.01 and NOT 1.0
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Cedrus - you have a PM.
Hawk