AI Question

Discussion of Pop Top's last release of RRT.
Anderson

AI Question Unread post

Is there a way to get the AI to either continue to start companies as time goes on, or to buy up failed RRs? One thing which has always driven me a bit nuts is that 2-3 RRs will be started and fail near the start of a scenario...and yet none of the AIs will either try and buy the failed lines or start new companies (since sometimes the failed computer characters will have substantial assets invested elsewhere).
dazzharvey
Hobo

Re: AI Question Unread post

I have often wondered this too, would like to find out if theres a way for AI to buy up liquidated companies. I would also like to know if it's possible to change AI ownership of a company midgame, ie: for my scenario I need to consolidate a few smaller AI railways into 1 larger AI company
OilCan
Engineer

Re: AI Question Unread post

I've never seen an AI merge with another AI railroad under its own initiative. That does not mean it can't happen.

There are three things that the game maker can use to increase the 'aggressiveness' of an AI railroad company. The first is the selection of the AI tycoon character: some are much more aggressive in stock trading than others. The second is to set the AI actions to 'Aggressive' in the game controls. The third is to provide financial boosts to the AI company and AI players throughout the game: helps keep an AI company expanding and the AI players investing.

Whether or not an AI player starts a second company is also controlled by the game maker. A special condition can be selected to stop a player from starting more than one company. I've noticed that many games are set to only one company per player because of the robber-baron way of cheating.

A liquidated company can be taken over by 'confiscating' it. It is little tricky. The confiscating event will seize ALL the railroads in a territory or, if a territory is not assigned, ALL the railroads on a map. Confiscation works whether the railroad is liquidated or not. Confiscation will also allow an AI to seize your railroad. To consolidate 2 or 3 small AI railroads into one larger railroad, for example, each small AI railroad would have to be in their own individual territory and alone in that territory. Then, the small AI railroads could be confiscated one by one by the larger company through game controlled events. This is very possible and could be done in a way that the player does not realize each AI railroad is in its own territory.