New Computer Big Problems.

Discussion of Pop Top's last release of RRT.
skamman
Hobo

New Computer Big Problems. Unread post

Hey guys. As you know i love RT3 and the stuff you fellas post here and i have a massive problem with my RT3 on my new pc. Its 64 bit 4 gig ram navdia gforce gt530 graphics card and it runs most things nice n smooth. However my RT3 does not. If i run the base game on the full graphics etc etc. It has full graphics for a second and then they sort of crash and revert to squares... I tried to patch it to 1.05 to see if that would cure it and now it wont even run without crashing. Hair is coming out and i need some help. Any ideas guys would be appreciated!
Moggie
Conductor

Re: New Computer Big Problems. Unread post

I suspect it's the old problem in RT3, which causes graphics to malfunction when PC RAM is between 2G and 4G. I'm afraid there are very few solutions short of upgrading to 6G or 8G. :-(. I myself got a !*th_up*! result after going 4G -> 8G
Moggie
Dogs have masters, cats have staff.
Trainmaster's own Skimbleshanks :)
thietavu
Conductor

Re: New Computer Big Problems. Unread post

Moggie wrote:I suspect it's the old problem in RT3, which causes graphics to malfunction when PC RAM is between 2G and 4G. I'm afraid there are very few solutions short of upgrading to 6G or 8G. :-(. I myself got a !*th_up*! result after going 4G -> 8G
RAM is cheap these days, so an upgrade to 8G is recommended in any case.
AMD Phenom X6 1090T @3.9GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600 RAM, Asus Crosshair Formula IV mb, Radeon HD7870, Samsung 850EVO SSD, M-Audio AP192, Windows 10-64, Railroad Tycoon 3 1.06. & TM, Train Simulator 2016, MSTS + many add-ons, Trainz!