Disable territory access in the RRT3 editor

Discussion of Pop Top's last release of RRT.
Timon91
Cat

Disable territory access in the RRT3 editor Unread post

Hi there! I've just registered myself here as I have trouble with the RRT3 Editor. I've made several maps so far, but the scenario's that I've made are not very complicated. One thing that I haven't succeeded in yet is disable territory access for all players (both Human and AI). Can anyone help me with that? I've installed the C-to-C expansion pack and the 1.05 and 1.06 patches.

Thanks a lot in advance!
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Re: Disable territory access in the RRT3 editor Unread post

I'll let some of the better scenario creators help you with the disabling the territory issue, but I did want to point out this thread about multiple installs of RT3. :salute:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2363
Hawk
nedfumpkin
CEO

Territory access is to the company, not the player. I tend to have difficulty with this too and it is because of the way the even is set up usually. Try this...

First, select the company for which you want to deny access to a territory and take control of it in the editor. Go to the Company menu and there you can look at the access to the territories for that company. You can deny access by clicking a red x on the territory. Do that for every company.

As an event it would go like this...I think...it's been a while.

Conditions.... Check At start-up. One time only event.

Force test against companies (all companies)
Force test against territories. (select against territory to deny )

Effects...set territory access to false. ...to the territory/company for which it is true.

Keep in mind that if the player hasn't created a company yet, then it won't apply.
edbangor
Dispatcher

Just to add to what Ned said (and it's been a while since I was in the editor) but remember if you are targeting specific territories to specific companies that the editor recognised companies (and territories) by their number, counting up from the first one created (that would be #1 obvious). This also includes any companies that are created in the editor even if they are later removed.

Of course the best way to see how anything is done in the editor is to find a scenario that already has what you want and load that into the editor and read through what was done in that case. Just hope the designer named their events in a logical order!
I need a little less pressure, and a little more time
"A Little More Homework" by Jason Robert Brown from 13: the Musical
Timon91
Cat

Thanks for the suggestions!

@nedfumpkin: thanks for your help, I had already tried the suggestion you did, but I couldn't figure out why it still wouldn't work. Looking at your description, this is where it goes wrong in my editor:
nedfumpkin wrote: Effects...set territory access to false. ...to the territory/company for which it is true.
I don't seem to have this option. I can change the territory access price, or a territory variable or change the territory "allow all" option, but I have no option to set territory access to false (at all prices). Does anyone have an idea how I can fix that?
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Under Affects/Add Affect, try this.
Click on image to view full size
Click on image to view full size
Hawk
OilCan
Engineer

Throwing my two cents in here... !#2bits#!

When controlling access by event, I have found it easier to set AI access seperately than human player access. In my linear way of thinking, it keeps things cleaner.

Nedfumpkin is correct in his event sequence, except for one thing: don't check the 'one time only event'. You want this event to trigger (become true) every time a new company is started.

I have also found that "All territories" does not always work for human players. You have to remove access and grant access with seperate events for each territory.