Which engines would you like to see more of?

Discussion of Pop Top's last release of RRT.

I would like the following to be implemented in RRT3:

General European Engines

2(5%)
General World Engines

2(5%)
General NA Engines

2(5%)
Specific Engines for NA

3(8%)
Specific Engines for Africa

3(8%)
Specific Engines for Asia

2(5%)
Specific Engines for Scandinavia

3(8%)
Specific Engines for Russia

4(11%)
Specific Engines for Spain

2(5%)
General Steam Engines

5(14%)
General Diesel Engines

2(5%)
General Electric Engines

3(8%)
Futuristic Steam Engines

4(11%)
I have left my opinion in a reply

No votes

Total votes: 37

Altoona+BeachCreek
Conductor

Which engines would you like to see more of? Unread post

Hi all, I've been looking around the forums, specifically TM, and have noticed a trend starting. It seems a lot of people want more specific locomotives for parts of the world wich are lacking in that area. I agree, and depending on how many slots are left, I think we should still add some engines with sentimental value, like the K4, a Cab Forward, or NYC Dreyfuss. Go ahead and vote on what you think.
Last edited by Altoona+BeachCreek on Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Train roll on, on down the line. Take me many miles from my home."
arop
Dispatcher

Re: Which engines would you like to see more of? Unread post

:idea: I think that it could be wonderful if somone is able to create a tank engine for minor jobs on secondary lines. It could be a 2-6-2 tank engine, somewhat like the German class 64, avaiable 1920-50. Another wish is an 0-8-0 European freight engine with a 6 wheel tender, slow but powerful and avaiable between approx. 1880 and 1912 :salute:
Altoona+BeachCreek
Conductor

I'm glad to see the feedback. I, too, would like some good Scandinavian engines for this game. Our Swedish friend here sure sounds like he has a great map planned!
Altoona+BeachCreek
Conductor

Playing Age of Steam V got me thinking: Should we plan for more futuristic steam locos? I wonder if I could do anything about this...

Did I ever mention to you guys that I have ADD? :lol:
El Moichi
Watchman

arop wrote:It could be a 2-6-2 tank engine, somewhat like the German class 64, avaiable 1920-50.
{,0,}

As I am from Germany, the class 64 is my favourite steam engine. However, the snowplow shown here was quite unusual:

The class 86 has been a similar (but more stronger) and also common used 2-8-2 tank engine:

!*th_up*!
Altoona+BeachCreek
Conductor

Wow... those would be nice! I wish this game did have more tank engines. I think Arop tried to split the Fairlies in half to make an 0-6-0, but it was too difficult. Maybe Ned can do it, he can do almost anything!
nedfumpkin
CEO

Making a tank engine wouldn't necessarily be all that difficult in comparison to any other rolling stock. They are still a lot of work. I'll probably be getting back to engine making towards September. I'll see what I do then. PS...snow plows cost extra. :)
Altoona+BeachCreek
Conductor

Sounds great. Speaking of extra cost though, I was really surprised when I found that nearly all UGC for Trainz costs actual money! Your work is great Ned, as well as everyone else who's contributed, and thanks to all for not charging. (0!!0)
arop
Dispatcher

:?: :-) I did not try to split the Fairle into a 0-6-0 tank engine. I only suggested someone to try. I do not even have the skills to change lco files. I'll keep to the 1.06 mapmaking. But still I have a burning wish, that someone could create a tank engine for the minor jobs on short lines. I also wish, that Ned's "cowboy engines" were avaiable for version 1.05 and 1.06 {,0,}
Altoona+BeachCreek
Conductor

Neds 19th Century engines work on 1.06 for me. I put them in just likwe any other add on, you just have to go on a sort of scavenger hunt to find them! :lol:
nedfumpkin
CEO

The cowboy engines aren't finished completely...there is still some tweaking to be done.
Altoona+BeachCreek
Conductor

The "Cowboys" have a really classic feel to them, and the 2-8-0 Mk. II could easily become the missing link between the slow Shay and the mid-30's Mallets. You what one engine I want to see in game that noone has mentioned yet? Englands 5AT 4-6-0 being designed for "excursion" service! *,*!
Attachments
Visit www.5at.co.uk for more information. And btw, it's being developed by the lead engineer of the Red Devil!
Visit www.5at.co.uk for more information. And btw, it's being developed by the lead engineer of the Red Devil!
arop
Dispatcher

8-) There is a lot to do, dealing with existing steam locos missing vital moving parts (connecting rods etc.). Example: the Prairie 2-6-2, the 0-6-0 DX Goods, the Black 5 and some others in the loco pack I miss, but never include in my mapmaking, simply because the are too ugly. Other engines have their numbers laterly reversed on one side (example the wonderful NYC 4-6-4 J1a Hudson and some others). All in all I think there is a need for a revised locopack, or even a rrt version 1.07 with all the new stuff (rolling stock, buildings and a few new industries) included. I wish I could help, but I think I'm doing best building maps :salute: