About go west

Discussion of Pop Top's last release of RRT.
crtty
Hobo

About go west Unread post

Now that I have finished my senior high career,I have time to restart my RT3 career.So I started from go west!
I connected Boston,Lowell, Worester,bought 3 norris,then went all the way to NYC,but by the time I reach bridgeport,I don’t have enouge money.l dislike to issue bond at the very beginning,so I improved the game speed,waiting the start of New York&Edison.
James Fisk started this company,and I connected to NYC.But later,I found something strange:charles crocker didn’t start his company,but bought many stocks of our companies :shock:
Is it a common sitiution,or just a special case?
RulerofRails
CEO

Re: About go west Unread post

Glad you are back at the game. For me this game never gets old.

I remember the same thing happening on this map. This is quite a small map. There aren't that many opportunities for the computer to start a company. The AI will look for two close cities preferably medium-sized with a secondary industry (Textile Mill, Distillery, etc.) that is profitable. Mountains and city centers that are close to rivers confuse the AI. On this map New York to Edison is a common start for the AI, but unfortunately the many river valleys confuse the AI and make a second company less likely.

In case you didn't know, each AI player has a different likelihood that he will start a company. There is a list of the different attributes of all the AI players here: viewtopic.php?f=72&t=2047&p=19527&hilit ... ned#p19527 (the post below it has a guide to tell which number corresponds to which trait).

Also, if an AI player sees a good opportunity to buy some cheap shares before he starts a company he will have no capital left to start a company. Therefore, some of the other characteristics also become relevant here. Charles Crocker has the highest chance to start a company (200) but he also has a very high chance of investing in other companies (200). This makes him one of the toughest AI players to beat. Even so, with experience it is quite easy to beat any of the AI.

A tip for this map: take out that bond at the start and buy a Dairy farm. Because of the way this map was created the Dairy Farms are around half price at the beginning of the game. This income will help you over the early lulls in profit when your trains have satisfied the initial demand for transport and you are waiting for more steady traffic to build up. If you ever want some tips just ask. I am happy to help and could write a lot here. :-)
OilCan
Engineer

I fully concur with RoR's advice.
I've attached an more understandable chart of the Tycoon traits. And the tycoons do generally follow their traits.
Attachments
Tycoon Traits (Table7).rtf
(127.51 KiB) Downloaded 211 times
zkidrailroad
Cat

Clement Atlee? I didn't know he was on RRT3, I can't say I recall seeing him around.
zkidrailroad
History major and railroad, World War II and 1900s Europe enthusiast
crtty
Hobo

!$th_u$!
PS:You can see Alttee at Dutchlantis(which has a huge dam that protects the west Europe)