Game testing and TRIGGER Conditions

Discussion of Pop Top's last release of RRT.
Shamough
Conductor

Game testing and TRIGGER Conditions Unread post

So here I am testing my revisions of Age Of Steam V-Phoenix Rising And I reached the GOLD near the end of 2033! (Don't look so suprised! I mucked the starting economics to allow me to play the game hassle free.)

BUT I still wanted to test the WELDED TRACK option which happens on or after 203407 depending if you have $15,000,000 in the bank. The TRIGGER would NOT Fire! The TRIGGER wouldn't fire for a test EVENT that I set to ALWAYS TRUE! If I hadn't gotten a Marine Bootcamp haircut I'd be bald now!

I had to move the EVENT to 203207 and replay from 203201. (During testing I keep yearly saves.)

Appearently when you WIN or END the game the TRIGGER is KAPUTT! Even trying to get more track post end game doesn't work. (Added a workaround that may work ... **!!!** Thinking about it I'll probably have to add it into the GOLD, Silver, Bronze and LOOSE Events.)
Card carrying member of the original RailRoad Flat Earth Society.

If it ain't flat it ain't flat enough!
Sugus
Engineer

Re: Game testing and TRIGGER Conditions Unread post

Upload your version of the map (and describe your special event) so that we can download it and investigate the story via the editor.
There's no business like RT business ...
Shamough
Conductor

Re: Game testing and TRIGGER Conditions Unread post

You asked for it ...

Remove the first 2 EVENTS to play normal.

EVENT Trigger works until WIN/LOOSE.

I'm currently testing with 5 AIs.

Massive mods to setup and TESTING for GOLD, Silver, Bronze & You Loose and initial Territories setup. New TAX equations. Added "Use it or LOOSE IT" to initial track. (Note: Using my Territories setup additional territory combinations can be added very easily ... time consuming but easy.)

Hans

P.S.
Hawk this is a TESTING version. I'll UL a NORMAL version once everyone agrees that the EVENTS are working correctly ... it's the game design that turns OFF the EVENT TRIGGER on WIN/LOOSE.

Hans
Attachments
Age Of Steam V-Phoenix Rising V2.zip
(1.21 MiB) Downloaded 239 times
Card carrying member of the original RailRoad Flat Earth Society.

If it ain't flat it ain't flat enough!