Windows 10

Discussion of Pop Top's last release of RRT.
belbincolne
Engineer

Windows 10 Unread post

I've just upgraded and whilst there's quite a few things I hate about it one of the good things is that I can now play the original Tropico again. Which brings me to RT6. As you know since I moved to W7 I just haven't been able to get 6 or Trainmaster to run so have been miserable only being able to play the few scenarios that run on 3.

Has anyone here upgraded and does it run o/k? If it does is there any way of getting there without installing all the patches in the correct order? I assume all the patches I downloaded many years ago will still work. I know I can try for myself but remembering all the time and problems it took when I did it on 7 thought I'd ask first.
yianni79
Cat

Re: Windows 10 Unread post

RT6? Have I missed something?
Proud to regret for what I did and not for what I should have done.
belbincolne
Engineer

RT3 - Patch 6
Hawk
The Big Dawg

belbincolne wrote:Which brings me to RT6.
Did you follow the suggestions about multiple installs as discussed here?

Did you install RT3 outside of the Program Files (86) folder, the default location, which is what needs to be done, as discussed in several topics in the RT III Installation forum?
If you installed RT3 int he default location, you won't be able to patch it due to Microsoft's security settings for that entire directory, and anything in that directory.
belbincolne wrote:As you know since I moved to W7 I just haven't been able to get 6 or Trainmaster to run so have been miserable only being able to play the few scenarios that run on 3.
Did you not install the 1.04 (Coast to Coast Expansion) and the 1.05 patches?
belbincolne wrote:Has anyone here upgraded and does it run o/k? If it does is there any way of getting there without installing all the patches in the correct order? I assume all the patches I downloaded many years ago will still work. I know I can try for myself but remembering all the time and problems it took when I did it on 7 thought I'd ask first.
The Coast to Coast Expansion (Version 1.04) and 1.05 patches haven't changed sine Pop Top released them. I don't believe the 1.06 patch has changed sine it's release either.
Hawk