RT3 does not work with windows 10

Discussion of Pop Top's last release of RRT.
Silverbullet
Cat

RT3 does not work with windows 10 Unread post

How can I get RT3 to work with windows 10
I downloaded RT3 from Steam
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Re: RT3 does not work with windows 10 Unread post

There's probably a couple or more topics in the RT III Installation forum that will help you.
Hawk
RulerofRails
CEO

The majority of the active members here have the cd version which we are then using with the no-cd exe. Also, a portion of us prefer the older operating systems. This doesn't qualify us to answer your questions very well. There is a little info in the threads, and we can offer suggestions, but can't be confident that it will be enough in your case (you might need to do more than one thing).

You are probably better off reading all the stuff in the Steam discussions if you haven't already done so. Blackhawk just shared some good links.

My suggestion for you would be to get the GOG version which is virtually the same as what we use (no-cd exe with the Vista Fix already applied). They don't include a warning not to switch the Disable Hardware Textures and Lighting switch to OFF, so beware of that. Good luck!
Blackhawk
CEO

I imagine the reason for the recent steam posts is that RT3 is included in the latest humblebundle. It's unfortunate that GOG was able to fix the game so it would work without having to make any modifications but Steam won't do that.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

I've bought 5 games from GOG and I don't have a complaint one with them. I much prefer GOG to Steam.

GOG does state on the preview page of most, if not all games:
Please be advised that Windows 10 operating system will receive frequent hardware driver and software updates following its release; this may affect game compatibility
Oh yea! For the new folks here, I do still run XP. :mrgreen:
Hawk