RRT3 Multiplayer problems!

Discussion of Pop Top's last release of RRT.
Gooddie
Cat

RRT3 Multiplayer problems! Unread post

Hi guys,
i'm new here, some days ago i dusted this fantastic title, Railraod Tycoon 3. My hype has grown so high so i asked a friend of mine to buy it and he did it. Now i have the CD version and he has the digital one on Steam. Since GameSpy doesn't exist anymore, we tried to use GameRanger. We have so problems connecting to the game. That's what we did: when i opened GameRanger i clicked on "Host" and made a room of RRT3 with password and then he joined it. Then i clicked on "Start" and the game launched in a screen with a window that asks me to put a game room name and a password and i put just the first one and then the window disappear and in the screen i have the map name, the difficulty and the list of player (just me). Meanwhile my friend's game has ran in a screen with 2 empty lists and his mouse has become a hourglass, but it stays there for some minutes till it says that the game has failed to connect. I tried with another friend with the same situation, he has it on Steam too and it worked. My version is 1.01 because it don't want to make the patches works (it crashes when i try to open it after have applied it). Do you know how can i solve it? It would be a pleasure to play it multiplayer, thank you.
Blackhawk
CEO

Re: RRT3 Multiplayer problems! Unread post

What version of the game is he running? You'll both need to be running the same version.

Also what version of windows are you running the game on? There are forum posts here on how to get the updated patches working on newer versions of windows.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Re: RRT3 Multiplayer problems! Unread post

Blackhawk wrote:Also what version of windows are you running the game on? There are forum posts here on how to get the updated patches working on newer versions of windows.
To add to what BH said, check the RT III Installation forum. There's topics in that forum about running RT3 on all new versions of Windows. Just find the topic that matches your version.
Hawk