Board Preferences

Please post questions or comments about the site or the forum here.
Stoker
Engineer

Board Preferences Unread post

I have a small problem. I was adjusting my board preferences, and had inadvertently checked "hide my online status" . I went back and reset it to "No" , but to no avail. I then logged out and relogged in, but no change. I figured maybe turning off my server and relogging might do the trick by refreshing cookies- etc, but I did that also but still no change. :?:

Edit: After trying all those things, I typed this post, went back to the board and viola! It was fixed. **!!!**

Edit again: After going back to the Board, I now notice that I show as being online at the "registered users" area, but on my posts, it says I am offline. odd. I am guessing this also will reset itself at some point.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
Edmund Burke
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Re: Board Preferences Unread post

This post shows you as 'Online'.

Edit 1: It also shows you as 'Online' at the bottom of the main page.
I guess you're OK now. !*th_up*!
Hawk
Stoker
Engineer

OK- I know this was a very tiny problem, but I noticed it and thought I would post it, as sometimes a minor thing like this can lead to or point out other things which are more important.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
Edmund Burke
Grandma Ruth
CEO

Are you there, Stoker? You're showing as "online" by the side of your posts but at the bottom of the page it says I'm the only one here!
Grandma Ruth
CEO

Now you've gone! Maybe it takes a few seconds to catch up or something - when did you log out?
Hawk
The Big Dawg

When it shows someone is online, it usually shows that for 1 minute after they leave.

The pause in updating you Stoker is for the same reason. It's not a problem. It's the board settings. I could change it to 5 minutes if I wanted to.
Hawk