Trainmaster questions

Please post questions or comments about the site or the forum here.
yog
Cat

Trainmaster questions Unread post

Hi
I have just installed Trainmaster, doing New York to Chicago as first scenario. One of the requirements is to ship 50 loads of cars, but there are no uto plants, nor are there any grain farms to supply brewing industry, or cattle ranches formeat industry. No icons in the loads consists of stations for livestock, grain etc.

Is this a dodgy install? or is the game supposed to be like this.
I somehow seem to have hauled 15 loads of troops despite there being none listed

help please!
RulerofRails
CEO

Re: Trainmaster questions Unread post

Normal RT3 scenarios are not compatible with Trainmaster. You need to play maps made for it. Check here: http://hawkdawg.com/rrt/rrt3/TM/tm-map_index.htm .

Trainmaster has a reworked cargo system, cargoes/industries have been removed, added, or re-purposed. But the biggest difference is probably agricultural communities instead of farms. Because of the changes some RT3 will not even load at all if they want a cargo/industry that wasn't included in Trainmaster. Those that do load wont have farms to produce agricultural products.

There is a "campaign" for Trainmaster. You will find the download for it in the Trainmaster section. However this was never finished and has some known event bugs. There are maybe half a dozen maps in it, the rest are place holders.

If you look in the Trainmaster section of the forum you will find some other maps in various states of "completion/quality." I took one of the campaign missions and made it into a scenario while fixing the event bugs, thanks to some super efforts from Grandma Ruth to test and refine it, it's hopefully one of the better ones quality-wise now: viewtopic.php?p=48731&sid=53a2ef8729c49 ... ef0#p48731 .