Helen Waite

Please post questions or comments about the site or the forum here.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Helen Waite Unread post

If you're having problems with the forum software; SQL errors, images not posting, etc., this is the place to let me know.
I'll do everything i can do try and get the problem resolved, but I can't guarantee it. **!!!**
Hawk
JFMarvelous
Watchman

Re: Helen Waite Unread post

Hi Hawk, I tried to post an image(jpg 168kb)but it would not upload or post?
Also I see that you have rankings,(member up to u,the big dawg)based on posts made, (member at 10 posts).I think you should change this and add a new one "HOBO"from 0 to 50 posts. Any good railroad ought to have some ^**lylgh ^**lylgh .
Also I now spend more time reading this forum than playing rrt3 it seems.(guess I need to fire up my old PC so I can do both) *!*!*! . Again, (0!!0) for a great site cause U the BIG DAWG {,0,} {,0,}
Hawk
The Big Dawg

JFMarvelous wrote:Hi Hawk, I tried to post an image(jpg 168kb)but it would not upload or post?
Did you get an error message or something? An image at 168 KB should not have any problems posting.
JFMarvelous wrote:Also I see that you have rankings,(member up to u,the big dawg)based on posts made, (member at 10 posts).I think you should change this and add a new one "HOBO"from 0 to 50 posts. Any good railroad ought to have some ^**lylgh ^**lylgh .
That's a good idea. I'll look into changing that.
JFMarvelous wrote:Also I now spend more time reading this forum than playing rrt3 it seems.(guess I need to fire up my old PC so I can do both) *!*!*! . Again, (0!!0) for a great site cause U the BIG DAWG {,0,} {,0,}
Thanks JF, but it wouldn't be much of a forum or site without you members and the add-ons they contribute, so my thanks goes out to all of you. :salute: !*th_up*!
Hawk
Hawk
The Big Dawg

I just remembered, I made a post about how to add images in a post.

viewtopic.php?f=49&t=958

Let me know if that helps.
Hawk
thegrindre
Engineer

^**lylgh I think Hobo is a great idea. ^**lylgh
a.k.a. Rick

At my age, 'Happy Hour' is a nap...
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Oh yea! I forgot about that. ^**lylgh

Edit 1: OK! I think I've got it set that Hobo is between 10 and 50 posts. Under 10 is just a newbie. No rank. :mrgreen:

Edit 2: How 'bout 'Green-Horn' for 0 - 10 posts?
Hawk
Knave
Conductor

Tongue in cheek question. In today's economic climate, wouldn't Hobo be right after CFO? Or Stockholder?? Or....
Never, Never, Never give up. Winston Churchill
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Let's try and keep today's economic toilet out of this. ^**lylgh
Hawk
Hawk
The Big Dawg

I got a good one for the newbies, those with under 10 posts.

Cat

From the Hobo Dictionary of Slang: http://www.hobonickels.org/alpert04.htm

cat - a young tramp or hobo, new to the roads
Hawk
JFMarvelous
Watchman

!$th_u$! Hawk for taking what I thought was a good idea and then making it better :salute: :salute:. You and the rest of this group not only do this daily, but for the most part, have it done almost before the post gets cold !*th_up*! With a group this great (at 198 members)when we hit 200, maybe we should replace the senate with this group(I'm sure we could do a better job) :mrgreen: But then again, would we have time for the fun we have here. (0!!0) (0!!0)
Again !$th_u$! and the rest for this great site
Stoker
Engineer

Maybe this is Nitpicking but the Senate has 100 seats(2 per state), not 200, so we already have enough here, but i suspect the morality level of the members here would preclude them from serving, as it requires smiling and telling lies while reaching into the taxpayers pockets and robbing them blind. The House has 435 voting members, plus non voting delegates from U.S. territories. !#2bits#!

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
Edmund Burke
Hawk
The Big Dawg

On my worst day I couldn't be a big enough scum-bag to be a politician. ;-)
Hawk
JFMarvelous
Watchman

yes Stoker you are right,my head must have been somewhere else *!*!*! (leaving myself open on that one I guess) !*00*!
and Hawk you bring up the age old question :?: Do only scumbags become politicians or does politics make them into scumbags :!:
Stoker
Engineer

Not all that choose to "serve the public" are intrinsically bad. However, those that are honest that somehow manage to attain high office generally get riddled with bullets or have mysterious "accidents". Once in a while they keep an "honest" one around (Ron Paul), just marginalizing him with ridicule and slimeball attacks so that the masses will pay him no heed, that way they can point at him and say "SEE, your interests ARE being served". :-|

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
Edmund Burke
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Oops! Me thinks this thread is getting just a tad to political for the public air-waves. ;-)
Probably my fault. *!*!*!
Hawk
AZ Rail Rat
Dispatcher

We blame you Hawk ^**lylgh
Ferroequines UNITE!!!

http://azrailrat.com/
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Thank Ya'! Thank Ya' Kindly! :mrgreen:
Hawk
JFMarvelous
Watchman

Hawk, are you asleep at the wheel, or have I entered the Twilight Zone :?: ^**lylgh ^**lylgh ^**lylgh
The time stamp on the forum seems to have gained 13 hours overnight :?:
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Well how 'bout that! Must be a server thing. I'll look into it, when I get a chance. :mrgreen:
Hawk
Hawk
The Big Dawg

For what ever it's worth, this time stamp deal is turning out to be a perplexing issue. It's not the forum software and it's not the server. We think it has something to do with the Apache software but we can't find the problem.
There was a minor glitch with Apache last night in regards to some htaccess files and we thought that might have something to do with it, but everything we've checked looks right. **!!!**

Edit 1: Well, it looks like it's fixed. Turns out it was a glitch somewhere between the atomic clock in DC and the server in Dallas, TX.
Hawk