Hi

New Members! Please stop by here and introduce yourselves.
Gandar
Brakeman

Hi Unread post

Hi everyone, I am very much a newbie at forums, but I have been playing RRT since its dos days. I re-installed RRT3 on my machine a couple of days ago and went looking for some new maps, lo and behold a treasure trove, I downloaded the dvd iso and patched up to 1.06 played Hauling freight in Vista and now I am off to try narrow gauge in Germany. Oh what fun, but before I go any further I figure I should say Thanks to people like the Hawk and everyone else who take the time and effort to put things like this site together, and make it available to anyone.
Thanks I appreciate it
I got up and the world was still here, isn't that wonderful ?
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Re: Hi Unread post

(*!!wel aboard Gandar. Always good to meet new members.

I'd like to suggest reading a couple of threads that may help you to a more enjoyable, personal experience here.
One gives a little info about the UCP (Users Control Panel) and can be found at this link. viewtopic.php?f=49&t=920
The other explains how to use some of the less common BBCode. viewtopic.php?f=52&t=930

Also you might want to look through the various threads about the New Forum Design, found at this link. viewforum.php?f=48
It will give you some ideas about how to utilize the forum software.

I'd also like to recommend reading the Forum Guidelines forum, found here. viewforum.php?f=10 Some general info about forum use can be found there. :-D

Again, Welcome aboard! Make yourself at home and enjoy. :salute:
Hawk
Gwizz
CEO

(*!!wel (*!!wel
conomark
Hobo

Welcome,

This place is a treasure trove indeed. Tons of maps, tips, info and fun.
Gandar
Brakeman

I can see that there is lots of content concerning RRT but its its so novel to see a forum where people seem to have actual discussions instead of rants. Its a little unsettling, you people seem to be able to amicably hold differing opinions.posting.php?mode=reply&f=51&t=1112#
!!clap!!
wsherrick
Engineer

Well, even though we disagree on some things, we still like each other pretty well and have a mutual respect. Every now and then I'll take a look at some of the railfan forums, such as Trains.com and shake my head at the level of moronity there. I hope you like it here and will contribute to what we have. :-)
proudcanadian
Conductor

Welcome Gandar, (*!!wel Nice to have a fellow Ontarian here on the boards :-D

There's plenty of info and people to help you out with any problems you may have with RRT3.
Again, Welcome and have fun! (0!!0)
I don't drive a dogsled to work, I don't live in an igloo, and we're the SECOND LARGEST COUNTRY ON EARTH!!!
nedfumpkin
CEO

Howdy Gandar...I'm across the bay in Hamilton. :)
Gandar
Brakeman

Thanks for the welcome its nice to be here, although I seem to be having a problem. I started reading the forums and then following up on some of the things I read and now I seem to be playing less, and the whole idea was to find new goodies so I could play more !!
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Gandar wrote:Thanks for the welcome its nice to be here, although I seem to be having a problem. I started reading the forums and then following up on some of the things I read and now I seem to be playing less, and the whole idea was to find new goodies so I could play more !!
^**lylgh I think there's a happy medium somewhere in there. Ya' read a little, play a little. Read a little more, play a little more. :mrgreen:
The more you read, the more you learn. The more you learn, the better you can play the game. Eventually you'll have read everything there is to read on this forum, then you can move over to one of the other forums and read a little more. :salute: (0!!0)
Hawk
Canadian Viking
Brakeman

Welcome aboard from out west, Gandar. I've had the same problem as you. Like Hawk says, you got to find your happy medium. As one of my former teachers used to say, "The hardest thing in all the world is to keep balanced!" Guess that applies in many areas. After you balance the forum time with the train time, then you can balance the RRT time with work and family time, too, if you have such! Keep on track.
Gandar
Brakeman

Yes I can see what you mean, as always the problem is in the execution. I posted something on the not global warming thread which garnered a reply from wsherrick which sent me to a different forum and a thread which was sixteen pages long that had interesting links, and pow ! another hour had gone by and all I was going to do was a quick check to see what was happening.
So I had to not look at the forum so I could play a couple of scenarios.
Part of the problem is that because I am a newbie all this stuff is new and interesting,it may be year old news to you but its sparkling new to me