Hi everyone!

New Members! Please stop by here and introduce yourselves.
Bandenere

Hi everyone! Unread post

Hi all!

my name is Giovanni, from Italy, i am 36 and still loving computer games! I started playing RRT 1 and was in love with it, i am still a great fans of RR2 and play it once in a while. My new goal is to complete all the missions achieving the gold medal, something i guess everyone of you already did!

I tried RRT 3 but as per many other games i don't like the modern 3D graphic and prefer the nice 2D enviroment (like for Emperor and Caesar 3 vs Caesar 4 and many other games who went 3D loosing on playability ...).

So i'll stick on RRT2 which is IMHO still a great title, i was very happy to see in this forum that something is going on with a conversion (open source) for RRT2 which was believed to be the best candidate!

How is the Sid Meyer's game in comparison to RRT2? I might want to try it as well, any suggestions?

Hi and congrat. for this beautifull site!
Grandma Ruth
CEO

Re: Hi everyone! Unread post

(*!!wel Giovanni! Good to meet you. Sid's Railroads game isn't very good according to what we hear but I'm an RRT3 fan myself. And RRT2 of course. I did a European scenario for RRT2 which you might like. It's called European Union and you can find it on Hawk's website by following the link at the top of this page. You'll find many good RRT2 maps in Hawk's archive - once you've won all the campaign games, of course. :lol:
"I will not take 'but' for an answer" - Langston Hughes
proudcanadian
Conductor

Greetings from Canada! (*!!wel

This site is great for everything Railroad Tycoon, wether it be map making, scenario strategies, and much more. I too used to play RRT2, but I now mainly stick to RRT3. RRT2 is still an excellent game in my book though. !*th_up*!

Once again, welcome aboard, and enjoy! :-D
I don't drive a dogsled to work, I don't live in an igloo, and we're the SECOND LARGEST COUNTRY ON EARTH!!!
Gwizz
CEO

(*!!wel

There are also a lot of RT2 maps at The Terminal.

http://theterminal.dune2k.com/forum/

I also play RT2 more than RT3.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

(*!!wel aboard Giovanni. Always good to meet new members.

If you didn't like RRT3 because of the addition of the 3D environment, then you certainly won't like Sid Meier's Railroads. It's mainly designed around eye-candy and playability was sacrificed. It's heavy 3D.
'Course I'm only speaking from my experience with the demo. I never did buy it - but - I have read comments from others that have bought it.
Hawk
Gandar
Brakeman

(*!!wel
Hi Giovanni, I am a relative newbie to this site also and I have been having a whole bunch of fun playing the custom scenarios that can be found here. I bought the Sid Meyer's game because I was expecting it to be RRT4 and it was not !! I gave up on it, and went back to RRT2 and I was playing that, until I found this site whilst looking for some new maps and I have been playing RRT3 since then.Lots of good content and a very helpful community,
I got up and the world was still here, isn't that wonderful ?
nedfumpkin
CEO

Hi Giovanni....

I am with you regarding RRT 2 as being a much better game. I still like RRT3 though, and for different reasons. I actually just located a copy of Sid's game in a bargain bin for 10 bucks, and I am going to go and try to grab a copy. It's not like it will load on my pc though because it seems to be looking for a Cray computer to run it, but I figure if I can pick it up for 10 bucks (about 5-10 Euros) then I'll grab it for future use.

What you really want to do is to express your thoughts in the forums about Rail Mogul where hopefully through a love of the game and teamwork, and hours of puttering we will be able to bring about the ultimate in RRT style games. You don't have to know anything special to help, just an ability to type and press <submit> on your web browser.

Welcome. :)
ostlandr
Brakeman

Welcome!
Watch this space for Equus Ferrius Corporation's website! Soon to build biomass fueled steam locomotives, and lease a short line. We're going for it!