Greetings all

New Members! Please stop by here and introduce yourselves.
dougdeep

Greetings all Unread post

I've been playing Railroad Tycoon since the 5 ¼ floppy days and seem to recall way too many sessions that were annoyingly interrupted by chirping birds – they tend to do that when the sun comes up. I had purchased RRT3 awhile back but didn't get a lot of play out of it besides the campaigns. Then I stumbled across this web site and completely renewed my interest in the game with the patches and added user content. Thanks everyone for the great work you're doing here.
Grandma Ruth
CEO

Re: Greetings all Unread post

(*!!wel You'll have lots of fun both with the game and the website, I'm sure!
proudcanadian
Conductor

(*!!wel Aboard!
I don't drive a dogsled to work, I don't live in an igloo, and we're the SECOND LARGEST COUNTRY ON EARTH!!!
thegrindre
Engineer

(*!!wel aboard. You wouldn't be wrong if you called this place, RT Heaven. !*th_up*!

(0!!0)
a.k.a. Rick

At my age, 'Happy Hour' is a nap...
WPandP
Engineer

(*!!wel dougdeep!

You've "dug deep" and found us. We have a good time shooting the breeze as well as developing new scenarios and content and gameplay strategies. RRT3 was a good little game, if flawed, but with LOTS of "dust it off and try it again a year later" appeal. We don't need eye-bleeding graphics that require triple SLI and a 42" monitor to have a good time.

I'm one of the ones who is deriving far more enjoyment out of it, now, simply by creating content for it. The game wasn't intended to be open-ended as far as user content goes, but we've pretty much cracked everything about it and know how to make it jump through some major hoops now. I'm giddy with excitement over seeing Holger's contribution of European rolling stock, for instance.

If you've got any big ideas for what the game could be, with a little bit of tweaking, don't hesitate to post about it. Most of my efforts started out that way - "I wish we could have rail yards", for instance - until ultimately I figured out a way to make it happen. How did I figure it out? Well, I spent a lot of time here, picking the brains of all who'd pioneered the way. There's a lot of accumulated knowledge right here at Hawk's place. Plus, there's a bunch of witty and friendly people.

Glad to have you on board!
=Winchester, Paston & Portsmouth=
====== We Provide Pride! ======
Gwizz
CEO

(*!!wel
nedfumpkin
CEO

Welcome...like WP&P I am a tinkerer of the RRT3. Currently working on a supermod for the game.
Stoker
Engineer

Welcome aboard Doug! As an old Strategy Gamer are you familiar with Empires from the large floppy Epoch?

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
Edmund Burke
BikerTim
Brakeman

:salute: Glad to have you on board! I am sure you will have as much fun as I have!
Life is not fair, but it is still good.