Hello

New Members! Please stop by here and introduce yourselves.
Pat in the desert
Hobo

Hello Unread post

I recently brought RRT3 back from the dead and installed it on my new computer that was built a couple of months ago [ I like to assemble them myself ]. I was looking for some new maps and to see if anyone might still be doing any more patches, and I found Hawk & Badger. Looks really nice! I've downloaded a couple of maps and the 1.06 patch. Since I'm still running XP it installed just fine. But I''m a little confused about the new locos and the re-skins and things. If I get stuck I'll post some questions here.
I still run RRT2 some also. Both games have their strengths. I'm not sure if it's still supported anywhere.
For both games I enjoy running the scenarios at a "fun" level. I've not figured out every last trick and tactic to squeeze out a gold at the hard or expert level. If I have to stop all the trains or bulldoze half the track that just does not make sense to me.

As to my handle, the location is Phoenix in the SW desert. Some parts of town have tracks going thru and many parts do not. We did just get a new light rail system. When I get up to Flagstaff, the BNSF mainline there is real busy. Trains go thru like once an hour.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Re: Hello Unread post

(*!!wel aboard Pat. Good to see someone else thinks there's still life in these dinosaur games. :salute:

Neither RT2 nor RT3 are supported anymore, and haven't been for years. The only support you'll find is from forums like this one and The Terminal (for RT2), although there is only the occasional post there.

Ask away what ever questions you have. Also take your time and read some of the older posts. You might find your answer there, and then some. :mrgreen:
Hawk
nedfumpkin
CEO

Welcome aboard....I hear that RT3 fans in AZ give away free grapefruits. :)

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2141&p=20503&hilit= ... uit#p20503
Pat in the desert
Hobo

nedfumpkin wrote:Welcome aboard....I hear that RT3 fans in AZ give away free grapefruits. :)

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2141&p=20503&hilit= ... uit#p20503
In fact I could give you free grapefruit from our tree. Nice pink grapefruit. They are almost ripe too. You just have to come and get 'em.
Otherwise it would be shipping costs. That's the part that will kill you!

Hamilton Ontario? That's where they were trying to take our nice ( but bankrupt ) hockey team the Coyotes to!! :cry:

--->>> Pat
Pat in the desert
Hobo

Hawk wrote: Neither RT2 nor RT3 are supported anymore, and haven't been for years. The only support you'll find is from forums like this one and The Terminal (for RT2), although there is only the occasional post there.
I know the commercial support is gone. I meant the user community support. Which it looks like Hawk & Badger is a great indication of. By the way really like the nice logo for H & B.

Pat
nedfumpkin
CEO

You are correct about that. Hamilton is always trying to get an NHL team, and there is tremendous support for it, but being in between Toronto and Buffalo they won't let us have one because we'd steal their fans.

Yes...having to go to Arizona to actually pick your own grapefruit seems to be the theme. :)
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Pat in the desert wrote:By the way really like the nice logo for H & B.

Pat
Thanks Pat. :salute:
Hawk
Gandar
Brakeman

I'm sitting here and thinking that it will be December soon, the cold winds are going to be blowing, there is snow forecast up north, and plucking pink grapefruit from a tree in Arizona sounds like a pretty good idea. I don't suppose you have a spare room for 3 or 4 months do you Pat ?
I got up and the world was still here, isn't that wonderful ?
AZ Rail Rat
Dispatcher

Picked my first pinkies today, 51 as a matter of fact. Those were just ones hanging over the fence. Have to get them first so kids don't pluck for a chunk. Estimate my tree might top 300 this year. Lemons and oranges not quite ready though, another week or so.

Welcome aboard Pat! You want to see more than a train an hour, head down to Maricopa and take a drive to Gila Bend. The old SP down there (now UP) is pretty packed. They really start backing up between Gila Bend and Yuma because so much of it is single track.

We need to get together and talk some railroading. (0!!0)
Ferroequines UNITE!!!

http://azrailrat.com/
Pat in the desert
Hobo

AZ Rail Rat,
For the grapefruit, I don't usually try them until they turn color. Or else when it gets close to Christmas. But I know they can be ready even if still green.
I am probably more of a gamer than a railfan, but it might be nice to take a little trip to where the trains are lining up. That stretch of track where the line is near the I-10 between Casa Grande and Tucson seems to be a fast run. I have seen the container trains matching the highway speed or even going a little faster. Which puts them at 75-80.
Beancounter
Watchman

Welcome aboard Pat!

BC