I have returned to RT3

New Members! Please stop by here and introduce yourselves.
ribblehead viaduct

I have returned to RT3 Unread post

Having played and thoroughly enjoyed RT2, I immediately bought RT3 when it first came out, and played it to death, up to patch 1.3. My interest then turned to other games and RT3 fell by the wayside (or should that be trackside?) I didn't install it when I bought a new vista PC, but just recently I've got fed up with most new games seeming to consist solely of FPS alien fests and so I decided to dig out my old copy and peruse the web for patches and forums. Having found this one, I installed RT3, added the CtC and 1.05 patch, together with the vista fix and I'm ready to roll once again. I managed Gold on the first campaign game, so I've not totally forgotten everything.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Re: I have returned to RT3 Unread post

(*!!wel aboard Ribblehead. Good to see someone else behind the throttle again.

While you may not have forgotten everything, meander around the forums and you'll find you've got some new stuff to learn. In particular the Trainmaster section.
It's kinda' like RT3 on steroids. ;-)
Hawk
edbangor
Dispatcher

Welcome to the forum.Ribblehead

As Hawk said above, you may not have forgotten the original maps but we've a lot more here to test out your skills, up to and including the Trainmaster for which there are some pesky maps to complete with a much more complicated production tree/s.

Still great to have you with us and away from all those other games as the worst thing that happens in RRT3 is !hairpull!
I need a little less pressure, and a little more time
"A Little More Homework" by Jason Robert Brown from 13: the Musical
Blackhawk
CEO

Welcome back to RT3. Hopefully you'll end up installing multiple copies of RT3 like many of us here and have one for the unofficial version of 1.06 with its added changes as well as a Trainmaster version. With 3 different variations of the game, RT3 will keep you entertained for awhile before you consider returning to another mindless alien FPS.
Last edited by Blackhawk on Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grandma Ruth
CEO

Hi RV, good to have you with us. (*!!wel
Enjoy catching up with everything that's been happening since you last played!
By the way, for anyone who isn't familiar with the Ribblehead Viaduct, here's a link to pictures: http://bit.ly/8QUj2k: It's somewhat north of where I live and a spectacular remnant of the old steam railways. Are you local, RV, or just a fan?
ribblehead viaduct

Just a fan. I've walked under it and taken a train ride over it, but not on a steam train unfortunately.
proudcanadian
Conductor

(*!!wel to the forums!

That's one great thing I've found about RT3, if you leave it for a while, you'll always come back to it and enjoy it just as much. :-D
I don't drive a dogsled to work, I don't live in an igloo, and we're the SECOND LARGEST COUNTRY ON EARTH!!!
BikerTim
Brakeman

Glad you came back. I just can't get enough of this thing. !!clap!!
Life is not fair, but it is still good.