TOtototo TOtototo TO! TO!

New Members! Please stop by here and introduce yourselves.
gruk
Cat

TOtototo TOtototo TO! TO! Unread post

Hello!

I am so glad to finally have found this most geekiest-esque place for fellow train maniacs ..

I played allot of sim and civ games many a years ago, but never had the patience after 13 something. Now 10+ years later, and wow, RRT3 is amazing! I can't find a game that fascinates me more.

I hope to learn from you all, and get even deeper into the nerdiness of it.

Greetings from Scandinavia!

/Gruk
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Re: TOtototo TOtototo TO! TO! Unread post

(*!!wel aboard. Hope you find everything you need here in the forums and the web site.
If you have any questions please feel right at home to ask. :salute:
Hawk
WPandP
Engineer

Your subject line certainly got my attention! I'm a-feared I don't understand it, however. Just goes to show there is such a thing as a dumb geek!

What part of Scandinavia are you from? One of the first friends I met here goes by the name Bombardiere, and hails from Finland. I love Norse things, the history and poetry of course, but also the folk music: Annbjorg Lien, Hedningarna, Hege Rimestad, Varttina, Gjallarhorn, and more (sorry I can't do the umlauts and other accented characters - as I said, I'm a dumb geek).

Welcome, and hope you find lots more to enjoy about the game!
=Winchester, Paston & Portsmouth=
====== We Provide Pride! ======
Hawk
The Big Dawg

WPandP wrote:Your subject line certainly got my attention! I'm a-feared I don't understand it, however. Just goes to show there is such a thing as a dumb geek!
I believe she's attempting to emulate a train tooting. :mrgreen:
Hawk
Gwizz
CEO

Welcome Cat.

Interesting whistle code.

In the US, Approaching a highway crossing...Two Long toots, one short toot, last, One long toot
(-- -- 0 -- ) as you cross a road crossing at grade. Many engineers (drivers) modify this signal at the end. Different counties have different whistle codes.

Now I don't know what two short toots at the end is exactly for. (-- -- toot toot)
May mean to start applying brakes as the train crosses a highway grade crossing?
**!!!**
One toot means stopping. Could also mean crossing another rail line at an angle. If you are on the crossing it is too late to tell another train what you are doing. So it might as well be a short toot. It might be all you have time for before you jump. !hairpull!
nedfumpkin
CEO

Welcome aboard!
Grandma Ruth
CEO

(*!!wel
You've intrigued us with your tooting - I think that's the sound of the wheels with a double whistle at the end? Nice to have another European on board, who might be on the computer at the same time as me!
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Grandma Ruth wrote:who might be on the computer at the same time as me!
You both would have to be living under the same blue moon. ^**lylgh
Hawk
Sugus
Engineer

A little bit late ... but, welcome gurk!
Seeing
gurk wrote:I can't find a game that fascinates me more.
I definitely feel like you!
There's no business like RT business ...
gruk
Cat

Thank you for your kind welcomes, and entertainment !$th_u$!

And Grandma Ruth is the winner!

I guess it should have been Tufftufftufftuff Tufftufftufftuff TUUT TUUT, in swedish (but I'm in denmark now, with no idea of how to make a train out of the guttural sounds available here.)

I just ended up imitating my inner two year old who was trying out english, when it ended with the toto-ing *,*!

Okido, see you in a bit. You can find me fixing fertilizers in africa if you miss me before then! (yes I'm still happy to play the original scenarios, but soon I'll bombard you with questions on your creations)

Tuut Tuut!