Hello greetings from Belgium

New Members! Please stop by here and introduce yourselves.
Micele
Cat

Hello greetings from Belgium Unread post

Now I have more time to spend playing RRT
Great site ! :salute:
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Re: Hello greetings from Belgium Unread post

Thanks for the kudos on the site, and Welcome abaoard! (0!!0)
Hawk
RulerofRails
CEO

Welcome! Feel free to ask questions, leave feedback on maps you play, and check out the latest ones. Enjoy! Happy Railroading! 8-)
OilCan
Engineer

Welcome. More time for RRT is always a good thing! :-D
Micele
Cat

!$th_u$!

Now I take a break from playing Trainmaster ... :-)
RulerofRails
CEO

That's great. Which scenario were you playing?
Micele
Cat

RulerofRails wrote:That's great. Which scenario were you playing?
Almost always Neuanfang.
Playing 1.06 I take EuroTunnel.
RulerofRails
CEO

That's interesting. I assume this is the New Beginnings map (Unfortunately, I don't know German, thanks google translate). While this isn't a map that has been designed in TM, I tried loading it and I can tell it is playable and fun even without farms or their TM replacement Agricultural Communities hence a lack of all food products on the map. Or did you edit it? Have you tried Persian Electric?

BTW, I like Euro Tunnel too. ;-)
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Micele - If you play 1.05 or 1.06 maps in TM, you're not going to get the added extras and playability of TM. Maps designed in 1.05 or 1.06 won't play right in TM, if they play at all.

Here's a topic about multiple installs of RT3 so you can play maps in the version they're intended for.

viewtopic.php?f=82&t=2363
Hawk
Micele
Cat

Hawk wrote:Micele - If you play 1.05 or 1.06 maps in TM, you're not going to get the added extras and playability of TM. Maps designed in 1.05 or 1.06 won't play right in TM, if they play at all.

Here's a topic about multiple installs of RT3 so you can play maps in the version they're intended for.

viewtopic.php?f=82&t=2363
Thx for the info Hawk. :-)
Micele
Cat

Hawk wrote:Micele - If you play 1.05 or 1.06 maps in TM, you're not going to get the added extras and playability of TM. Maps designed in 1.05 or 1.06 won't play right in TM, if they play at all.
with "funny" TM-maps :mrgreen:
RulerofRails
CEO

Playing like that only gives a fraction of the industrial options available in TM. This may be a good introduction, though, as the complexity of the entire industrial side can seem daunting at first. TM lost some of the strategy of picking (buying/building) industry based on return on investment (bang for buck), but this is more than made up for by the strategy involved supplying and even choosing the recipe to use in a specific industry. For example, should I supply the Explosives Plant with Aluminum and Chemicals or Pulpwood and Coal? Either way will make Explosives. I will make the choice depending on the resources available on the map and the goals of the scenario. In fact, there are so many different kinds of industries (must be around 10, each with at least 3 recipes) that produce the TM Food cargo that I am not confident to pick the best one in a given situation yet. Good luck playing TM! :salute: