Newbie from Italy

New Members! Please stop by here and introduce yourselves.
frk
Hobo

Newbie from Italy Unread post

Hello to everybody,
i already posted a question in "strategies" forum but i'm here to introduce myself.

First af all, excuse me for my english!

I'm from Italy and i'm a lover of good old games, wich i use to PROUDLY run on my vintage PC with Windows Me! :-D

I wish to thank the webmaster and the entire community around this website/forum for keeping alive one of the best PC games! !!clap!!
OilCan
Engineer

Re: Newbie from Italy Unread post

Welcome to the forum! (*!!wel No apology necessary for your English. Do not hesitate to ask questions or submit posts.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Welcome aboard! (0!!0)

As OilCan said, don't hesitate to ask any questions you have. Most likely someone will be able to help.
Hawk
Blackhawk
CEO

Windows ME, now there is a rare thing!

Welcome to the forums :salute:
frk
Hobo

Thank you all for the warm welcome! (0!!0)
Wolverine@MSU
CEO

We're a good and friendly bunch here as long as you don't stray into politics or religion. Some of us !!jabber!! are pretty entrenched in our philosophies so it is best to tread lightly on these subjects.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Wolverine@MSU wrote:Some of us !!jabber!! are pretty entrenched in our philosophies...
I resemble that remark. ^**lylgh
Hawk
frk
Hobo

Well, i understand, i'm over 40 and i own a couple of forums myself, so i know how difficult is to keep "things quiet" ;-)

Hope to have good time on this forum: boards and forums in general gave me some of the best experiences on the net (while i don't like all that "social" *beeeep*) :mrgreen:
Hawk
The Big Dawg

frk wrote:(while i don't like all that "social" *beeeep*) :mrgreen:
They can take Facebook, Twitter, and all the other 'social media' and put it in a very dark place where the sun don't shine. I have no use for that stuff.
Heck, I won't even use anything having to do with Google. How's that for going to extremes? ^**lylgh
Hawk
frk
Hobo

...well, i blocked Google's IPs and domains via firewall + hosts ;-)
Hawk
The Big Dawg

I use StartPage for my Internet searches now. - https://startpage.com/ I have been for a few years. No more Google search for me.

Sometimes I use DuckDuckGo too. - https://duckduckgo.com/
Hawk
frk
Hobo

Well, not using the search engine is not enough to protect you from "the big brother"...

Tons of websites load code from "googleapis.com" domain and from several other domains owned by big-G. You should use a browser with script blocking capabilities, like firefox+noscript and keep blocked all scripts from external domains until you authorize them.

Still, this is not enough: if you have a good firewall and simply open your browser, without visiting any site at all, after a few seconds/minutes you'll be warned that "sb-ssl.google.com" (or other G's domain) is trying to comunicate with your PC. I use to block these IPs/domains within the firewall itself.

...oh, and OBVIOUSLY, never use an Android device! ;-)
Hawk
The Big Dawg

I've been using NoScropt and AdBlockPlus with Forefox for a long time, as well as FlashBlock, although I don't even have Flash Player installed on my computer.
I was using PaleMoon browser until they stopped updating for XP. Then I had to revert to Firefox, which I wasn't too happy about.

My cell phone is about 8 years old and doesn't even have a web connection or camera. It's just a phone. No GPS or anything. It's the best phone Ive ever used too. :mrgreen: It's an old Nokia, back when they made decent phones, and it only cost me $30.
Hawk
frk
Hobo

Nice to see i'm not the only "maniac" about privacy and not the only one who refuse to follow actual "stupidphones" trend :-D

I own about a dozen mobile phones (mostly Nokia S40) and actually am using a 3110 classic and a 6260 slide. ;-) I'm laying in them for the future, as feature-phones with physical keys are doomed to extinction :cry:
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Nope! You're not the only 'maniac'. :mrgreen:

Mine is a Nokia 1600, except mine's black.

Another plus. No one wants to steal it. ^**lylgh
Hawk
frk
Hobo

...may i wish a MERRY CHRISTMAS to the whole forum?

I know it's forbidden to talk about religion, but i'm not even a believer, and i simply love the christmas atmosphere, so i wish you all to have a wonderful time with your relatives and beloved persons.

(0!!0)
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Merry Christmas to you, too. (0!!0)
Hawk
Sugus
Engineer

And now - of course - a HAPPY NEW YEAR to all RT3 fans! (0!!0) (0!!0) (0!!0)
There's no business like RT business ...