Greetings

New Members! Please stop by here and introduce yourselves.
Donald
Cat

Greetings Unread post

Howdy everyone, I am new to the forum and am interested in map building. Right now I am searching for DEM files of Mars that are compatible with the RRT3 editor. If anyone can help me drop me a line. Thanks.

Don Christensen.
thegrindre
Engineer

Re: Greetings Unread post

Welcome to the forums, Don. (0!!0) I'm the Trainz guy around here so am not much help but someone will be along shortly to give you a hand. !*th_up*!
a.k.a. Rick

At my age, 'Happy Hour' is a nap...
Grandma Ruth
CEO

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=622
Is this any help? It's all greek to me, I'm afraid!
Also, I think JayEff's "Greening the Red Planet" is based on a genuine Mars map.
BTW, (*!!wel
"I will not take 'but' for an answer" - Langston Hughes
JayEff
Conductor

The link where I got the height map and colour map of mars no longer works, but I still have them both, and they are complete UTM maps of mars, that overlie each other perfectly, so mapmaking and colouring is dead easy. Links to some informative websites about Mars can be found in the text file that accompanies Greening the Red Planet. Feel free to use the GtRP map to make your own scenario. I have been thinking it might be interesting to do a sequel, when the whole surface has been greened. So the geography would be more like earth, and the vastitas borealis would be a real ocean instead of a dust bowl...Just send me a pm if you want these two files.

Also I have a height map for Venus if anyone wants it.
JayEff
Conductor

Donald, I will need your email address.
Donald
Cat

OK, JayEff here it is atuhalpa at yahoo dot com. thanks
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Donald - It's generally not a good idea to post your email address in a public forum. Email harvesters can find it and then they sell it to spammers.
It's a better idea to send an email address in a Private Message, or don't make it a link, like this: me at myaddress dot com.
Most folks understand that way of doing it and can easily convert it to a regular email address.

I took the liberty of changing yours. It's just better security for you. ;-)
Hawk
Donald
Cat

Thanks Hawk. I tend to be somewhat ignorant and anachronistic in these types of matters as it pains me to realize how unethical and immoral humankind is. I sometimes exhibit pollyannish behavior, but fortunately I haven't been taken advantage of YET.......................
Hawk
The Big Dawg

It is unfortunate that type of class people exist but sadly they do and it's up the us, the victims, to try and guard against them. :-(
Hawk
JayEff
Conductor

JayEff wrote:The link where I got the height map and colour map of mars no longer works, but I still have them both, and they are complete UTM maps of mars, that overlie each other perfectly, so mapmaking and colouring is dead easy. Links to some informative websites about Mars can be found in the text file that accompanies Greening the Red Planet.
OK I lied, the links do work, but I don't have the Mars maps on my computer.
Colour: http://solarviews.com/cap/mars/marscyl1.htm
Height: http://www.solarviews.com/cap/mars/marscyl2.htm