Hello everyone!

New Members! Please stop by here and introduce yourselves.
conomark
Hobo

Hello everyone! Unread post

I'd like to start off by saying I'm not really a newbie. I joined in December of '06. I don't post a whole lot but check the boards almost daily. I just thought I'd post in the newbie neighborhood to say I am here and love reading all the comments. I've just recently started "playing" RT3 ( I don't like to use that word, I consider Railroad Tycoon a simulation more than a game). I made two RT2 maps that are on this site and have used RT2 for several years.

I would like to thank all that are aboard for the wealth of knowledge and ongoing input to keep the games alive. I want to especially thank Hawk for all his effort for bringing this site together.

I'm from Northeastern Pennsylvania, about 15 miles north of Bloomsburg and about 50 miles south of Scranton (home of Steamtown National Historic Site) I've always seemed to have an interest in the historical aspect of the railroads, especially the ones local to me - Reading, Pennsylvania, Erie-Lackawanna, etc. There was actually a train station for the Bloomsburg and Sullivan RR , a short line primarily to haul lumber from the vast forests of Sullivan County to Bloomsburg and the Pennsy and Reading railroads, on my property. The tracks were torn out in the 70's

Well, this is getting a little long, so thanks again everyone for all the effort put forth in being a great reference tool, a general railroad interest community, and an ongoing source of development.

Mark Confer
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Re: Hello everyone! Unread post

(*!!wel aboard (better late than never :mrgreen: ).

I was up at SteamTown back in Aug. of last year. Great place. I've got a few pictures from there on my site.

http://hawkdawg.com/photos/ridin_round/ ... index.html
Hawk
Canadian Viking
Brakeman

Welcome, Conomark. I, too, like to think of many RT3 scenarios as simulations and not just games. If you haven't tried it already, you might enjoy my scenario Building to Buffalo which simulates the early development of railroads in your corner of the U.S. :-)
conomark
Hobo

Thanks Hawk. I really enjoy SteamTown. I try to get there at least a couple of times a year.

C. Viking - I've only started with RT3 and am still working my way through the campaigns, but I will definitely download Building to Buffalo and give it a try when I get a chance.

I'm also intrigued by Mr Scott's Wyoming Valley map because it's not a far stretch to call the Wyoming Valley home for me.