New Kid on the Block

New Members! Please stop by here and introduce yourselves.
MArk S
Cat

New Kid on the Block Unread post

Hey everyone,
I bought RRT3 in December because I was bored during finals week. Since then I've probably played more hours than eating, working, and sleeping combined. Not quite, but still a lot.
As a kid, I loved trains. It has kind of come and gone since then, but this game sort of fulfills the desire to have an amazing model layout. It doesn't take long to build a great setup and all it costs is your social life!

I'm a professional student at Kansas State in a fairly easy major, but have to stop playing until 4 am or I'll never graduate.

These emoticons on the right are kind of freaking me out right now...

MArk S
WPandP
Engineer

Re: New Kid on the Block Unread post

Welcome to the forum!

You'll find we're a friendly bunch of addicts. Some of us are having more fun creating mod content for the game than actually playing it, but there's plenty that bring their A-game here and refine their tycooning tactics regularly. And, don't worry, none of the rest of us have a social life, either! Aside from Hawk, that is... he's Mr. Socialite, always attending Balls and enjoying the opera, hobnobbing with the elite...
=Winchester, Paston & Portsmouth=
====== We Provide Pride! ======
BikerTim
Brakeman

Welcome aboard! I have had this game for five years and have found it quite addictive. My wife and kids are always criticizing me about how much time I spend on it. A problem with my computer has prevented me from playing RT3 for over a month now. I am going to have to get it fixed soon or else I might start having withdrawal syndromes!

!!clap!!
Life is not fair, but it is still good.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Welcome to the forum Mark. As WP said, were a bunch of friendly addicts here, and I'm pretty sure you'll find these train nuts to be quite helpful too. :mrgreen:
WPandP wrote:And, don't worry, none of the rest of us have a social life, either! Aside from Hawk, that is... he's Mr. Socialite, always attending Balls and enjoying the opera, hobnobbing with the elite...
Me? Mr. Socialite? ^**lylgh I'm about as anti-social as they come. I'm so busy at the computer I don't even have time to play RRT3 anymore, much less socialize (not that I want to much anyway ;-) )
Hawk
proudcanadian
Conductor

(*!!wel Aboard!
I don't drive a dogsled to work, I don't live in an igloo, and we're the SECOND LARGEST COUNTRY ON EARTH!!!
belbincolne
Engineer

:-D Yeah - a big welcome - you're ****** right about it being addictive ! !hairpull!