Hello everyone

New Members! Please stop by here and introduce yourselves.
Golonzo

Hello everyone Unread post

So I'm new to the forums but not to the site. Its awsome and I wish all of you the best. I've been playing Rail Road Tycoon since its inception and have never stopped. I also started a model train set in my basement last fall, my first ever if you can believe it. !hairpull!

I do have a question, it concerns RRT3, has anyone ever figured out a way to lash 2 locos together? To my knowledge, there is only one in the game.

Thanks
nedfumpkin
CEO

Re: Hello everyone Unread post

Welcome to the forums. To answer your question, the lashing of two locos has been accomplished by creating the double locos available in the dowloads. There is a double GP7 and a double GP35. Have a look here: http://hawkdawg.com/rrt/rrt3/xtras/xtras2.htm
FMCRR
Watchman

Welcome Aboard Golonzo....
Home of the Freeport & Muddy Creek Railroad
N Scale, Modern day, Freelance with CSX connection
http://www.freeportmuddycreek.com
WPandP
Engineer

Also, a double SD-40. Essentially, what the modder is doing is creating a "tender" for the lead unit, that just happens to be the same engine as the lead. There isn't any reason why one cannot mix-n-match to have a lead unit different from its tender, but nobody has yet made any such consists. All of this is done outside of the game, though; you have to create a unique engine mod and load it into the game (i.e. with the double GP-7 mod, when you go to buy an engine you'll have two different engines, one single engine and one double engine). You can't buy two single engines and then "team them up" on a train.

More complex things, such as flipping the tender unit to face backwards (like I did for my SD-40s), can be done, but this requires higher-order modding skillz.

Welcome to the forum!
=Winchester, Paston & Portsmouth=
====== We Provide Pride! ======
proudcanadian
Conductor

(*!!wel Aboard! Glad to have you with us.
I don't drive a dogsled to work, I don't live in an igloo, and we're the SECOND LARGEST COUNTRY ON EARTH!!!
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Welcome aboard Golonzo. Make yourself at home. We don't bite. :mrgreen:
Hawk