Greetings From the Middle of Nowhere!

New Members! Please stop by here and introduce yourselves.
un1
Hobo

Greetings From the Middle of Nowhere! Unread post

(I just realized this board existed, sorry for being 4 days late. :-P )

Anyways, I'm from Thunder Bay, Ontario (in Northern Ontario, I see I'm not the only one from this region).

I've been a rail fan my whole life I still love going to the local park at Canada day and see the many trains that pass by (the train station is located there).
I got Sid Meier's Railroads back in 2007, that really got me into this type of games. In 2008 I got the RRT3 demo, and I loved it! I searched for months to find the actual game when I finally found one in a Wal-Mart down in Brownsville, Texas (I go on trips really often). I run the game on a Vista (laptop), it runs my game better than my XP (desktop). Although now that I have the V.106 patch I mainly play on my XP computer.

I always love to talk about Thunder Bay, and its importance in Canada, but I will mostly talk about the railways here...
Anyways founded in 1717, we were a French port later taken over by the British. We are the largest port and city on Lake Superior, we also have a lot of rail lines passing directly through our downtown. I live about 1 km away from the railyard, I can't pass one day without hearing a train horn... Our main railway was the Duluth & Port Arthur railway (later taken over by CN (The route to Duluth was never completed)), then the Transcontinental Railway came around 1884, BOOMING our city. We were the port that all of the grain came to from the prairies (most of it goes to Vancouver now. :-( ). Not much has changed, we are still the center of Canada (in a way (the geographical center is in Nunavut)). You can't drive across Canada without going through Thunder Bay (there isn't a bypass around us). We have the 4th largest airport in Ontario, since all of the regional traffic comes into here before going to Toronto, Ottawa, Winnipeg or Minneapolis.

Thanks for listening! :mrgreen:
nedfumpkin
CEO

Re: Greetings From the Middle of Nowhere! Unread post

Welcome aboard from the port city on Lake Ontario.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

(*!!wel aboard UN. If I ain't careful you Canucks will take this place over. ^**lylgh

Always good to see new members from anywhere n the world. (0!!0)
Hawk
nedfumpkin
CEO

Oh...and Hamilton is the Mustard capital of the world.
proudcanadian
Conductor

Hey there! (*!!wel Aboard! Nice to see another Northern Ontarian here! See you around the boards. :-D
I don't drive a dogsled to work, I don't live in an igloo, and we're the SECOND LARGEST COUNTRY ON EARTH!!!
Sugus
Engineer

Nice to get a sign of life from you! I think, you'll have found the railroad related place you would like to rest forever.
There's no business like RT business ...