hey

New Members! Please stop by here and introduce yourselves.
pilot95

hey Unread post

Hey!

I am an aviation enthusiast and hope to be a pilot for Delta Airlines. I'm a part of a few different virtual airlines, such as Delta Virtual Airlines. Also, it's run in the family to get into trains, too. ;) I play RRT3 and Train Sim. Oh, and btw...for those of you who are disappointed about Train Sim 2...check out this link, it's ACES migrated--> http://www.cascadegamefoundry.com/the-team/ So there is hope there.

But, my first dilemma is-I can't find either of my CD's for both games. I spent one whole Saturday afternoon looking for them (and got really mad b/c it was my last Saturday of summer) and came up with nothing. Is there any way to...uh...play the game other than buying a whole other copy of the cd?

Thanks!
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Re: hey Unread post

Do you already have the game installed or do you still need to install it?

BTW! (*!!wel aboard. :salute: :mrgreen:
Hawk
pilot95

Thanks for the welcome!

RRT3 I have installed, but since my old computer fried back in March and I had to get a new one shortly after, I hadn't reinstalled trainsim.

Thanks!

P.S. I might be so dumb as to have not checked 1 spot that it likely could be. I'll check there and then edit this post to tell you whether I found them or not...

Edit: Nope not there. Go on...

Edit2: Wow, you're from Acworth?!? GO DAWGS!!! I'm from Athens and live in Watkinsville right now!!! :mrgreen: !**yaaa
Hawk
The Big Dawg

I'm assuming you mean that you can't run RT3 because you don't have the cd.
I can't help you with MSTS other than to say I see MSTS on the discount racks occasionally for about $10., but - as for RT3 - You have a PM. ;-)

I've been living in Acworth for about 15 years. It used to be a nice small town. Now it's a crazy over-populated city.
Hawk
Beancounter
Watchman

Hi Pilot95

Welcome aboard.

I spent half my career in the aviation industry and loved it (as a number crunchers)

Good luck with Delta!

Beancounter
pilot95

Thanks! Yeah don't ask me how I got hooked on aviation. Just one of those things, ya know? And I've already been preparing for DAL. Someone from DVA directed me to this site: http://www.willflyforfood.com and it lists interviews. I've been practicing my piloting skills on FSX for awhile now and a 737 trainer that stopped by who was friends with my grandparents and knew my dad was impressed at how well i could fly it. I've been to the DAL HQ with a pilot I know (a 767 Captain last I heard) and in fact he was impressed at how much I knew about aviation. Now, all I need to do is practice that holding pattern they mentioned is a toughie for the interview! The only problem is, where do I go before DAL? Cause there's no way they'd let me in right out of flight school (in fact they require something like 1200 hrs and 1000 MEH. (multi-engine hours)). I'm thinking Delta Connection, but, that's a group of airlines. It'll be a matter of choosing which.

So, yeah thanks for wishing me good luck on that. :) I hope that it'll work out.
Thunder Mnt RR
Hobo

welcome to the forums btw when you find your copy of rt3 and it set up again feel free to check out my maps when i get them done a posted ;-) :lol:
Thunder Mnt. RR
Grandma Ruth
CEO

(*!!wel aboard! If you ever get to fly transatlantic planes, come and see us!
Beancounter
Watchman

pilot95 wrote: The only problem is, where do I go before DAL? Cause there's no way they'd let me in right out of flight school (in fact they require something like 1200 hrs and 1000 MEH. (multi-engine hours)). I'm thinking Delta Connection, but, that's a group of airlines. It'll be a matter of choosing which.
A regional is a good place to get your flight hours. I don't know where you're located, but take a look at Mesa Air Group.

http://www.mesa-air.com/

BC
pilot95

welcome to the forums btw when you find your copy of rt3 and it set up again feel free to check out my maps when i get them done a posted ;-) :lol:
Alright, now that I have it again I'll take a look at them! :)
(*!!wel aboard! If you ever get to fly transatlantic planes, come and see us!
Haha ok I'll see if that can happen. :)
A regional is a good place to get your flight hours. I don't know where you're located, but take a look at Mesa Air Group.

http://www.mesa-air.com/

BC
Ok, well I took a quick look at it and I'm not sure. I am currently located in Athens, GA but when I graduate and go to college I'll be going to Lynchburg, VA. I don't know from there. I don't know what will happen after then, I'll have to cross that bridge when I get to it. Right now really I'm only starting to think about college (8th grade, just turned 14!), so after college is more of a daydream than plans for reality. Although, depending on if I'm married then (which I hopefully will be) I plan to go to the Delta Connection Academy, which is located in CVG. (cincy) Hopefully if I get in there I'll be able to go to work for DAL Connection.
Gwizz
CEO

My son gained an interest in airplanes when he was about your age.
He had plane pictures taped all over his room. He start flying lessons while in high school.
After high school he started a small business to support his flying lessons.
After being checked out in a multi-engine plane he flew tourists into the Grand Canyon on sight seeing trips.
Then he hired on to Mesa airline, now a part of North West airline. He continued to train. He now flies jets out of the DC area.

It took him awhile but he made it. keep planning and don't give up.