Two Toots to you too!

New Members! Please stop by here and introduce yourselves.
LouisXIV

Two Toots to you too! Unread post

Hi: Gerry here from Kitchener, Ontario, Canada, not too far from the infamous Toronto.

I love good strategy games. I started playing Railroad Tycoon II when it first came out and did for many years. When RRT III came out, I recall I didn't have a good enough computer to run it. When I finally got a computer that could run it, RRT III was no longer on the market, and RRT II wouldn't run on it properly, so I sort of lost it until now. (Didn't know about eBay, Amazon, etc back then.)

I still have my copy of RRT II, and now I have a son who is interested. I have a strictly (legacy) gaming computer, a P-4 2.4 gHz XP SP-3 for games, that he (and I) uses. I thought I saw something about a file or procedure to help you play RRT II on XP. Can anyone help me with that until I can get a copy of RRTIII?

Btw, LouisXIV is my standard name for all the boards I sign onto, so I won't forget. I am a volunteer moderator on the CDV website for strategy military games. I figured that Louis XIV of France was the biggest warmonger in history - he started 4 major wars for his own personal glory - so I thought I'd use him as my moniker.

Around here - and I think standard for North America - Two toots means you're about to start moving forward. I think that's appropriate here.
Gwizz
CEO

Re: Two Toots to you too! Unread post

What version of RRT2 do you have.

I have not tried the first version. But, on TSC and Gold it works fine on XP.
Stop by The Terminal site. There are a few of us die hards that still play RRT2.

I believe Hawk has all the maps here as well.
Welcome aboard.
Blackhawk
CEO

Welcome (*!!wel

I thought I was able to get RTII (the original version) working on XP. I know I currently play RTII Platinum on XP and Vista. Maybe it was just my Platinum version **!!!**
nedfumpkin
CEO

Hi Gerry....Welcome aboard from Hamilton!

For years I played RT3 on a computer that wasn't good enough to handle it...in fact, I've only had a pc that could for the last year...I never believe what it says on the box.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Gwizz wrote:I believe Hawk has all the maps here as well.
Nope! Not all of them. As long as The Terminal is still alive and well I probably won't add all of the maps there to this site.

BTW! (*!!wel aboard Louis. :salute:
Hawk
Stoker
Engineer

Welcome LouisXIV! I never thought I would see another "crossover" from Blitzkrieg to RT3 like myself. I am sure you will find what you need to get RT2&3 working for you on Hawks' fine site here.

Stoker (aka JaggedSteel ;-) )

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
Edmund Burke
thegrindre
Engineer

I've played RTII Platinum on my XP without a hitch, too.
I don't like RTIII at all. Too much micro management. It's more of a job then a game, to me.

War games? I play Soldiers: Heroes of World War II. It's a fantastic strategy war game.

(0!!0)
a.k.a. Rick

At my age, 'Happy Hour' is a nap...