Aborts when goes to write to disk

New Members! Please stop by here and introduce yourselves.
toosoonold
Cat

Aborts when goes to write to disk Unread post

All of a sudden, when I am in a game and go to save a scenario, it aborts to the desk top. I think this started when I tried to play a newly downloaded scenario. I am wondering if the new scenario needed the 1.06 patch, which I was too chicken to try and download. Also the autosave file seems to have gotten corrupted. In any case I am not able to play my favorite game. Help!
Wolverine@MSU
CEO

Re: Aborts when goes to write to disk Unread post

toosoonold wrote:I am wondering if the new scenario needed the 1.06 patch, which I was too chicken to try and download.
I assume you're playing Coast to Coast 1.05? If so, a game written and saved from 1.06 won't even show up in your list of scenarios when you start a new scenario. Do you have anti-virus software turned off? Which scenario in particular were you playing? I can check and see if it plays OK on my installation.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

What Operating System are you running?
Hawk
thietavu
Conductor

toosoonold wrote:All of a sudden, when I am in a game and go to save a scenario, it aborts to the desk top. I think this started when I tried to play a newly downloaded scenario. I am wondering if the new scenario needed the 1.06 patch, which I was too chicken to try and download. Also the autosave file seems to have gotten corrupted. In any case I am not able to play my favorite game. Help!
I may be wrong but your hard disk could also be corrupted. Things like those happened to me when my Samsung F1 HDD (and a little later) OCZ Vertex 3 SSD died. First the computer slowed down in some operations, then I noticed that I had corrupted files and programs therefore crashed, etc. Later the disks died. Overclocking can also cause symptoms like that (data corruption).
AMD Phenom X6 1090T @3.9GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600 RAM, Asus Crosshair Formula IV mb, Radeon HD7870, Samsung 850EVO SSD, M-Audio AP192, Windows 10-64, Railroad Tycoon 3 1.06. & TM, Train Simulator 2016, MSTS + many add-ons, Trainz!
toosoonold
Cat

Sorry I should have updated this before I went out of town for the long weekend. I want to thank all those who spent their good time and efforts on this.
I have resolved the problem by uninstalling RRT3, reinstalling off the original CD, then downloading and installing Coast to Coast and V105. I've run a couple of short games since with no problems.
Now I want to research what is V106, and is it safe to download and run? Again thanks to those who posted reply questions so quickly.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Is the 1.06 patch safe? Yes! Of course it's safe. !*th_up*!
I would recommend reading this thread on multiple installs though.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2363
Hawk