Intro

New Members! Please stop by here and introduce yourselves.
Lone Cat
Brakeman

Intro Unread post

Meowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

I'm a railfan from Thailand. but another things i am a fan of is a feline being.
Born 4th of October, now i'm living in a small city of Sisaket.
[img]
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_8NFt7923llc/T ... hessie.jpg[/img]

one interesting things in SRT rollingstock was that all diesel locomotives are boxcab double enders and no GP Seven things mew!

Railroad business sims i've been playing
1. Railroad Tycoon 2 & 3
2. Sid Meiers's Railroads (This game sucks! it is Model Train sim rather than actual railroad business ones RT is. there are some weirdos there
- All steam locomotives in that game are tank locomotives! bah! Tank locos aren't supposed to haul far. all are designed to be shunters or industrial-estate railroad systems! I AM sayings that any real life steam locos that's not a tank locos REQUIRES tenders to work.
- No electrification options available while numerous locomotives are electric. y'know all electric trains require electrifications in any systems that the train is supposed to ride on that rail lines.
- Bridge designs are NOT customizable! game will random the bridge designs at its whim.
- limited financial management. RT series have bond, stocks, and shares as means to raise funds for your business. in Sid Meier's Railroads . you can ONLY sells a bail of stocks you have in order to raise funds for initual investments.
- NO UNCONNECTED TRACKS THROUGHOUT THE GAME!
- slow and difficult business mergers.
- Primitive cargo management.
3. Railroad Pioneers
4. Transport Giant (playing)
Sugus
Engineer

Re: Intro Unread post

Welcome, Lone Cat

So, RT3 is now your favorite one?
There's no business like RT business ...
Lone Cat
Brakeman

yes. probably the best example other railroad business sims MUST follow.
two of its features are... uniques.
1. cargo map spectrum. you don't need to place a train station NEXT TO any resource generating buildings (such as mines and oil rigs) to 'mine' it. building a train station and connecting a nearby city can also claim the resources as it is shipped to the stations by the resource generators themselves.
2. automatic consist management. If you aren't being assigned certain quests or missions to haul specific cargoes to specific location. why bothering manually setup train consists where it could go wrong so easily. especially for expresses cargo (passengers and parcels)
nedfumpkin
CEO

Welcome aboard.
thietavu
Conductor

Welcome, Lone Cat (I am a big fan of cats + RRT3, too! :) ) !
AMD Phenom X6 1090T @3.9GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600 RAM, Asus Crosshair Formula IV mb, Radeon HD7870, Samsung 850EVO SSD, M-Audio AP192, Windows 10-64, Railroad Tycoon 3 1.06. & TM, Train Simulator 2016, MSTS + many add-ons, Trainz!
Logales
Watchman

Welcome to you :d