JasonG Newbie

New Members! Please stop by here and introduce yourselves.
JasonG
Cat

JasonG Newbie Unread post

Hello all. I have already posted some questions and I'd like to say thanks for all the help I have already received. I am excited to have found this place. I have had RRT3 for a year or more now but really haven't done anything other than play the campaigns. I just started playing the scenarios and started playing around with the scenario editor. I am not a computer tech or anything so let me apologize if I ask some ignorant questions. So far, some of what I have read is either CLEARLY beyond my abilities or assumes I know something that I don't (like what a hex editing program is/does).

I am 39, a paramedic by training although I am the operations director now so work mainly in the office. I am married, have two grade school aged boys, and live in Arkansas, USA (no jokes necessary). I have played computer games forever. Most recently I have been adicted to a MMORPG called Dark Age of Camelot (DAOC) but the population on the servers is in a signifigant decline (long story deleted) so I am looking for something else to play.

I may be one of the lesser informed members of this community. RRT3 is the only railroad game/sim that I have played. But I do like playing simulations. The first computer based game I remember playing was on a Nintendo Vic20 and it was a text based role playing game. We have come a long ways since then. As far as RRT3, I particularly enjoy the economy/financial aspects of RRT3. I hope I can be of help to others with something, but it seems like right now I am best suited to help you more experienced guys with questions like "how would a total noob view this?" type questions. But, anything I can do I would be happy to. I am excited to learn how to go about tinkering within the economy including making new industries, supplies, etc.

Nice to be here. :salute:
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Re: JasonG Newbie Unread post

(*!!wel aboard Jason. Make yourself at home.
I think you'll find a lot of friendly and helpful folks her, so feel free to ask any questions you may have. There's a few members that know RRT3 inside and out and could most likely help you with any questions you have.

A lot of stuff has already been discussed here so you might want to just browse around in the various RRT3 forums and I'm sure you'll get a few tips. :-D
Hawk
proudcanadian
Conductor

Welcome Aboard Jason! (*!!wel
I don't drive a dogsled to work, I don't live in an igloo, and we're the SECOND LARGEST COUNTRY ON EARTH!!!
Grandma Ruth
CEO

(*!!wel Jason!

Glad to have you with us. You don't have to be a train enthusiast, though we have some wonderfully knowledgeable people here. I'm not one myself, nor very skilled in the technicalities, but I do enjoy making new scenarios.

I would suggest you load some of the original (or user-created) maps into the Editor just to see how the events work. There is quite a bit about the economy/industry in the "Letters to the Editor" as well.

(*!!wel