Hiya

New Members! Please stop by here and introduce yourselves.
Third Rail
Cat

Hiya Unread post

New member here. I just bought RT3 after playing RT2 for some time. I like the site so far. Good downloads and a good community by the looks of it. After getting the hang of RT3 I'm gonna give TM a shot. It looks like a lot of hard work went into it and based on the discussion here it looks like a lot of fun.

Just to instill a little envy in all of you, I live a half a block from the Port of Vancouver rail yard. I have a nice view from my balcony. A short walk up the street is a foot bridge over the main line. Further up the Portside Trail, a nice cycling path, is a bird's eye view of a rail tunnel entrance. Maybe I'll post some good pics sometime. :-)
Blackhawk
CEO

Re: Hiya Unread post

(*!!wel
Hopefully you'll enjoy RT3, the unofficial patched version of RT3 version 1.06, and some TM. And hopefully we get to see some good pictures ;-)
nedfumpkin
CEO

Welcome aboard...and yes...post some pics...amybe we can make a set of loadscreens from them.
OilCan
Engineer

Welcome aboard. Be warned that RT3 can be addictive.....but in a good way.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

...and another (*!!wel aboard! :salute:

Hope you find any info you might be looking for. If you have any questions, jump right in and ask. We're a friendly bunch of folk here. !*th_up*!
Hawk
Third Rail
Cat

Thanks for all of the greetings! I'm enjoying RT3 a lot so far. I'm working my way through the campaign and have played a scenario with the 1.06 patch. Good times.

Although I wouldn't consider myself a train nut (some of you seem a fair bit nuttier about them than I :lol: ) I distinctly remember the first time I was overcome with awe of their power. I was in my early twenties and my friends and I had a fondness for having bonfires on the coal port causeway where I grew up. The trains went by at a good clip and one night while standing about 15 feet away I felt dwarfed by the sheer power of a train thundering by.

I should also add that I had the pleasure of helping in the construction of a brand new line, specifically the Canada Line ALRT in Vancouver. True, I was mainly in the stations doing camera and speaker systems (I'm an electrician) but I did do some electrical bonding work on the guideway as well. For the curious, the trains are made by Rotem and are powered by conventional electric motors at 750 VDC. This is opposed to the 750 VDC linear induction used in the rest of Vancouver's rapid transit, known as the Skytrain.

As for seeking game related assistance, don't worry; many n00b questions will make their way from my keyboard. I'm a lifelong gamer, mostly strategy and sims, but I'm always looking for some good tips.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

I was a commercial/industrial electrician for about 25 years, until I retired. Now I dabble at web site building and my wife is a computer widow. ^**lylgh
Hawk
Third Rail
Cat

Hello fellow sparky! Give my condolences to your wife. :-D Or better yet, get her playing games!
Hawk
The Big Dawg

The extent of her computer expertise is Solitaire and Craig's List. ^**lylgh
Hawk
Grandma Ruth
CEO

(*!!wel I'm not a train nut either, but I do like the idea of pictures! I use some of Mr Sherrick's as my Christmas desktop. Have we got a picture gallery, Hawk? That would be a nice thing.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Grandma Ruth wrote:(*!!wel I'm not a train nut either, but I do like the idea of pictures! I use some of Mr Sherrick's as my Christmas desktop. Have we got a picture gallery, Hawk? That would be a nice thing.
Yep! Been there for quite a while.

http://hawkdawg.com/photos/photos.htm

Maybe you should look around my site sometime, a little further than RT3. :mrgreen:
Hawk
Grandma Ruth
CEO

OK, Smart*ss! :oops:
Hawk
The Big Dawg

:mrgreen:
Hawk