Hey all

New Members! Please stop by here and introduce yourselves.
TooSilentToBeReal

Hey all Post

I have recently reinstalled RRT3 after three or four years of not playing; I remembered from the last time that there was some user created content available online for the game, so I did a google search and found the Hawkdawg.com main site, then this forum here (let's just say I struck gold, heh).

RRT3 is a such a great game (as was RRT2 before that), looking forward to see what downloads, tips and tricks I can learn here to make the game even better, and maybe sharing some of my thoughts, experieces and ideas too.

Cheers
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Re: Hey all Post

(*!!wel aboard.

Read around in the various forums and threads and you'll find a plethora of info on the game.

If you have any questions feel free to ask. We've got folks here chewing at the bit just waiting to help out. ;-)
Hawk
edbangor
Dispatcher

Welcome and can I be the first to suggest you try out the Trainmaster mod, if you want a really challanging RT3 experiance.
I need a little less pressure, and a little more time
"A Little More Homework" by Jason Robert Brown from 13: the Musical
OilCan
Engineer

Welcome! Don't let that TrainMaster club drag you off to to their playing field too quickly :-D ....become re-excited about RT3 first. Play all the old familiar 'friends' and also check out some of the great new games which have appeared over the last few years. And feel free to jump right into this forum with your ideas and comments.

(Actually that TrainMaster bunch are good people....but they are always on the prowl for converts.)
edbangor
Dispatcher

OilCan wrote:(Actually that TrainMaster bunch are good people....but they are always on the prowl for converts.)
That would be ^**lylgh if it wasn't true !*00*!
But we always get them in the end ::!**!
I need a little less pressure, and a little more time
"A Little More Homework" by Jason Robert Brown from 13: the Musical
Hawk
The Big Dawg

If y'all don't start making easier maps you're gonna' lose me. ^**lylgh

I know - "Make one yourself!" *!*!*!

What happened to that first one Ned made. I forget the name of it but it seemed like I could eventually get my head around that one. :mrgreen:
Hawk
nedfumpkin
CEO

Hawk wrote: What happened to that first one Ned made. I forget the name of it but it seemed like I could eventually get my head around that one. :mrgreen:
Unless you are talking about Persian Electric then I am probably working on an overhaul for being too easy. ^**lylgh

But I think a compromise is in order...why not play an RT3 map then a TM map, then RT3, then TM, etc..

Oh, and weclome aboard TSTBR
Hawk
The Big Dawg

No, it wasn't Persian Electric. It was the one before that.

TSTBR? **!!!**
Hawk
Blackhawk
CEO

TSTBR = ToSilentToBeReal

The TM people are friendly, but we might just steal your life away with our complex and engaging scenarios :)
Hawk
The Big Dawg

DUH! *!*!*! I knew that. ^**lylgh
Hawk
Sugus
Engineer

Welcome abord, TSTBR
Ray wrote:... can I be the first to suggest you try out the Trainmaster mod ...
but from my point of view it's better to do the "standard jobs" first. (TM seems to be - hmmm IS - harder than original RT3!) I invite you to try to complete some - if not all :-D - of the fine RT3 scenarios you'll see in the download sections, especially if you are not a micromanager (like me). My favorite scenario is Scrimshaw (from Taleisin): simply build a nice to look at, low grade, smooth connection passing high mountains ...
There's no business like RT business ...
nedfumpkin
CEO

Sugus is correct, Trainmaster is considerably more difficult than RT3, and there is a lot more emphasis on cargo control. So it is best to fully understand RT3 before moving on, however, you can have both installed so that you can double your fun. Not even your own set of Double Mint Twins would be as much fun :)